By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo SELLS 550K Wii & 1 Million DS during BF Week!!!!

DS for MODERATOR!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

DS owns your soul

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

darthdevidem01 said:
DS for MODERATOR!

+1 

guess all those who though Ipod/Iphone would challenge the DS need to crawl back into their holes

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
guess all those who though Ipod/Iphone would challenge the DS need to crawl back into their holes

Might want to check iphone sales during the same period before saying that.........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Might want to check iphone sales during the same period before saying that.........

Not really, as we are dealing with the fact that DS is years older than the Iphone, especially the latest version, and has millions upon millions more DS's sold than Iphones, and is still selling like gangbusters, even with people saying that Iphone will take over, lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I can say with certainty that Ipod + Ipod touches >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NDS for black friday.

We had a whole case full of Ipods and touches (I'd say at least 100) and those numbers dwindled fast... the only NDS we sold were the 3 of the MK bundle and a few others.

13.7 millions Iphones sold in 2008.
16.3 millions so far this year by the end of September...
Most likely 25 millions or more by the end of the year and every quarter sees huge increase...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

^That's good, but DS prior to this week had sold 21 million in 2009, will probably end up around 25-27 million for 2009, in 2008 they sold 30 million plus, 2007 was a little less at just under 29 million, so Iphone is doing great, but DS has been there and done that, and is still going strong, heck probably has another 2-3 years of 20 million plus sales left

Ail - it's just avinash talking out of his ass agian. nothing new.

Now whats the number if you included Ipod touches with those Iphone numbers