By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The next Mario Kart!

c0rd said:

Part of the appeal of Mario Kart is how its randomness favors newer players. In particular, this includes the items that cannot be countered, like the blue shell.

I'd say they should offer 2 main play modes, one being more noob friendly, while the other minimizes the frustrating luck factor. I doubt they'll do this, though.

They need to improve battle mode. The maps are way too damn big, the game often played with only 4 players. It should be balanced around this.

Lastly, the online multiplayer. Include 4 player split screen online, and have it run smoothly (60fps), along with some matchmaking that takes split screen into account. Wii console vs console (e.g. 4v4) would be awesome.

That's a good idea, but I think they would need to abolish all items. If you can pick and choose what items can be used then players can manipulate the race too much to their advantage. It would be a good idea to have a skill based race maybe, tough that would kind of ruin the purpose of Mario Kart. But it's a good option they could experiment with.

Around the Network

Make it like Diddy Kong Racing, which happens to be my favourite racer ever...
Give me airplanes, hovercrafts and loops and throw in an adventure mode to boot! It'd be so massively awesome I'd cry. (*.*)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

routsounmanman said:
Mario & Sonic Kart.

No there's already sonic kart coming...

Why are so many people hating the idea of the old tracks appearing? I thought that was a brilliant move by Nintendo to include old tracks. I would like to see 20 new tracks and at least 20 old tracks (I would actually like to see all of the old tracks appear).

I want to see the next Mario Kart have a much better battle mode-- think N64 battle mode. Let me select the number of players, have lots of courses (I have no problem with the Wii battle courses, but Double Dash's levels were awful). Also, bring back the bomb mode from Double Dash. In fact, create several modes. I like the team idea, but let me choose if I want to play teams or everybody vs. everybody (in fact, let me choose how many people are on each team as well-- if one person is really good a 1 vs. 3 match would be great).

I would also like to see the 'race all tracks' mode back from Double Dash brought back. I would also like to be able to save custom circuits (ie, I really like the Bowser tracks-- so the game could let me save a circuit that has all of the those tracks). I would also like to see the vs. mode from MK 64 that let you race as much as you wanted without having to exit the vs. mode after 4 races.

Someone else suggested bringing back the double karts as a mode-- I actually like that idea. But only as an option-- while fun with several people, it really sucked when playing by yourself (though, I did like the item management aspect of it).

Give more options to local splitscreen. And let unlockables apply to it as well.

Around the Network
Davey1983 said:
Why are so many people hating the idea of the old tracks appearing? I thought that was a brilliant move by Nintendo to include old tracks. I would like to see 20 new tracks and at least 20 old tracks (I would actually like to see all of the old tracks appear).

I want to see the next Mario Kart have a much better battle mode-- think N64 battle mode. Let me select the number of players, have lots of courses (I have no problem with the Wii battle courses, but Double Dash's levels were awful). Also, bring back the bomb mode from Double Dash. In fact, create several modes. I like the team idea, but let me choose if I want to play teams or everybody vs. everybody (in fact, let me choose how many people are on each team as well-- if one person is really good a 1 vs. 3 match would be great).

I would also like to see the 'race all tracks' mode back from Double Dash brought back. I would also like to be able to save custom circuits (ie, I really like the Bowser tracks-- so the game could let me save a circuit that has all of the those tracks). I would also like to see the vs. mode from MK 64 that let you race as much as you wanted without having to exit the vs. mode after 4 races.

Someone else suggested bringing back the double karts as a mode-- I actually like that idea. But only as an option-- while fun with several people, it really sucked when playing by yourself (though, I did like the item management aspect of it).

I really enjoyed the old tracks appearing on Mario Kart Super Circuit.Now this is not that great because levels are changing a bit

stof said:
I'd say the one glaring fault of MK Wii was how they completely ruined the battle mode. In MK64 Battle took up countless nights with my friends. In the new version it's barely worth playing.

A renewed focus on battle (including the ability to actually die!) would be a big plus for me.

Amen to that! MK64 's battle was so much fun... the courses were great and the abondance of stars countered the red shells nicely.

Signature goes here!

I thought everything was great. A lot of the ideas people already said are good too. Keep the blue shell. Otherwise the person in front is invincible.

The battle mode is what needs to be fixed.

Azelover said:
c0rd said:

Part of the appeal of Mario Kart is how its randomness favors newer players. In particular, this includes the items that cannot be countered, like the blue shell.

I'd say they should offer 2 main play modes, one being more noob friendly, while the other minimizes the frustrating luck factor. I doubt they'll do this, though.

That's a good idea, but I think they would need to abolish all items. If you can pick and choose what items can be used then players can manipulate the race too much to their advantage. It would be a good idea to have a skill based race maybe, tough that would kind of ruin the purpose of Mario Kart. But it's a good option they could experiment with.

Well, they don't need to be very different. One mode can have uber powerful items (blue shells, ultimates, all kinds of craziness) while the other won't be too different from Mario Kart Wii, just minor changes (like a more avoidable blue shell).

nobody seems to care here.

how about CUSTOMIZABLE tracks? Would love to create my own and upload them... then download other people's.

no friend-code

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)