By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The next Mario Kart!

It is possible to avoid the blue shell if you have a mushroom and you use it at the right time

Around the Network

Since classic tracks now seems to be ingrained, how about some other classic features?

• A classic battle mode would be great.
  • A classic rules mode that makes the game overall play much more like an older version.
  • Classic karts/weapons would be cool too.

(not that I don't want lots of cool new content too)

I want the next Mario Kart different. I want it to feature at least 70 tracks, new and olds, without bikes. I want special again, or something that can make each character different. The battle mode should be improved, with both team up or alone like Mario Kart DS. Missions, tournaments, ghosts, but with rewards like trophies, Nintendo points or characters, etc...

I want bosses again for missions. And less blue shells.

Well battle mode needs to be fixed. Also I would like a reason to pick different characters instead of just based on weight class. In double dash they added the special item which I actually enjoyed.

The blue shell is supposed to be annoying, so that's fine.

The bikes are awesome. And I like having old tracks too, but yeah perhaps less focus on them.

Oh, and another Baby Park -like track would be great, 8 or 9 laps of pure hecticness.

Around the Network

You can dodge a blue shell with a mushroom? If this is true, I take back EVERYTHING I said. This game is flawless!!

A track editor would be amazing, but I doubt Nintendo will do it.

There's still a lot of cheater on Mario Kart DS...Even with that lots of them lose --"

d21lewis said:
You can dodge a blue shell with a mushroom? If this is true, I take back EVERYTHING I said. This game is flawless!!

Indeed you can and I have done it....once, however the chances of getting any item other than a banana peel, single green shell or fake item box in first place is pretty anorexic.

For people saying the blue shell is fine, I have to disagree. I have no problem other items that last/second last place get that slow down the entire field (e.g. lightning) or allow them to catch up e.g. Bullet Bill and improve their position.

The problem is having someone who is coming last (usually the only time you get a blue shell), directly affecting the first placed person who they have no real chance of catching anyway.  The way the game is currently balanced it is a legitimate tactic to race in second/third place, wait for the inevitable blue shell to take out first place and then use the single red/triple red shells that are regularly gifted to those people in 2nd, 3rd, 4th place to ensure the first place person doesn't get going again. 

Keep:
-Old Courses mode
-Bikes
-Single-Racer Mode
-Lots of Characters/Vehicle options
-12 racers (16 is good, too)
-Motion Controls
-Ranking System for GP's
-Tournaments/Rankings
-Same crazy obstacles and track design (see Koopa Cape, Coconut Mall, Wario's Gold Mine)
Add:
-Item-selection a la Super Smash Brothers series (Get rid of Blue Shells)
-Double-Racer Mode option
-Free-For-All Battle, along with 6 teams of 2, 4 teams of 3, three teams of 4, and 2 teams of 6 possible.
-Actually, add the team type variety to Multiplayer while I'm at it.
-Oh, and LAN.
-Online divided with Kart-Only racers, Bike-Only racers, and both with a choice.
-Multiplayer GP mode where you can actually unlock stuff
-Custom Track Editor

I'll add more later as they come up.