By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current situation does not matter, Microsoft has WON ...

kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
kirby007 said:
jlauro said:
kirby007 said:
jlauro said:
kirby007 said:
Carl2291 said:
All this proves is that the Original Xbox was trash compared to the PS2, PS3 and 360.

Infact... Why dont you do one of those special graph thingy's for PS3 and 360?

See which one of those is winning if you align the launches like that?

But that isn't the point of my OP

@ all the other people, my post lets us see that even though the ps3 is doing better atm then the 360 sony still lost

Nah, that just means that Sony didn't do as well as last gen, and Microsoft did better than last gen.  It's still to close to call either a winner, as it may even depend on which (if either) motion control is accepted by the public.

microsoft won marketshare didn't they?

Well they were out a year longer, and the generation isn't over.  Right now it's too close to say (it's practically a tie if you allign launches) and it could go either way.  Especially if Microsoft EOLs the 360 before Sony does the PS3...

and also when we do look at the hard numbers 360>xbox ps2>ps3

SONY>MICROSOFT in gaming hardware

so microsoft lost?

No cause im talking about GROWTH

SONY SALES IN 2009 compared to 2004 ARE LARGER in terms of TOTAL HARDWARE SALES AND SOFTWARE SALES than it is IN 2004.

mM
Around the Network

So to win a generation its about who sells more than their product did the previous generation?

I was curious what rationale people would use to downplay the change in sales between the 360 and PS3 in light of the black friday sales. This one is interesting. Keep them coming.

Carl2291 said:
All this proves is that the Original Xbox was trash compared to the PS2, PS3 and 360.

Lol.

Wins the thread.

Dark Chaos said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
I love all the nay sayers in this thread are all PS3 fans. They all scream false, but then actually think and can't find a reason why Kirby is wrong. LOL That itself is admitting Sony lost.

....? no one can say why the thread is false? how about 200K win over 360 this week?

BOOM!

How about the 6-7million lead for the 360? How about all the Profit sony lost from the PS1,2 gens

BOOMSHOT!!

Lets forget that MS hasnt even made profit on gaming division yet.... and that 6.66 million console lead was due to releasing a year early.

MS will break even for this gen. As for the losses involving the Xbox. Its was costs required to enter the market(sunk costs). So releasing a console early is MSs fault. PS2 was released first and no one talks about that. Plus theres was a reason as SONY wanted to include the bluray.

lol... Sony didnt have a sunk cost entering the business... it wasnt required and i bet you trhey thought theyd do better than they did... example - they wanted to beat both sony and nintendo this gen. and the ps2 retained its lead unlike the 360. The only reason the system is in 2nd is because of that head start. It will most likely cough up the position and they will have won nothing.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
WATS THE DIFFERENCE??? your still comparing the present sales to its past sales to determine its success basically you just proved that MS and Ninty are lossers this year because they didnt beat their last year sales THIS IS CLEARLY WHAT YOUR ARGUMENT IS!!!

I see your point, but lets take a look at the product life cycle

sony introduced new unit, other didn't thus it aint strange others got lower sales currently

and even more each console has its ups and downs

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
I love all the nay sayers in this thread are all PS3 fans. They all scream false, but then actually think and can't find a reason why Kirby is wrong. LOL That itself is admitting Sony lost.

....? no one can say why the thread is false? how about 200K win over 360 this week?

BOOM!

How about the 6-7million lead for the 360? How about all the Profit sony lost from the PS1,2 gens

BOOMSHOT!!

Lets forget that MS hasnt even made profit on gaming division yet.... and that 6.66 million console lead was due to releasing a year early.

MS will break even for this gen. As for the losses involving the Xbox. Its was costs required to enter the market(sunk costs). So releasing a console early is MSs fault. PS2 was released first and no one talks about that. Plus theres was a reason as SONY wanted to include the bluray.

lol... Sony didnt have a sunk cost entering the business... it wasnt required and i bet you trhey thought theyd do better than they did... example - they wanted to beat both sony and nintendo this gen. and the ps2 retained its lead unlike the 360. The only reason the system is in 2nd is because of that head start. It will most likely cough up the position and they will have won nothing.

dude how do you call R&d  costs then? free spendings?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

leo-j said:
kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
kirby007 said:
jlauro said:
kirby007 said:
jlauro said:
kirby007 said:
Carl2291 said:

@ all the other people, my post lets us see that even though the ps3 is doing better atm then the 360 sony still lost

Nah, that just means that Sony didn't do as well as last gen, and Microsoft did better than last gen.  It's still to close to call either a winner, as it may even depend on which (if either) motion control is accepted by the public.

Well they were out a year longer, and the generation isn't over.  Right now it's too close to say (it's practically a tie if you allign launches) and it could go either way.  Especially if Microsoft EOLs the 360 before Sony does the PS3...

SONY>MICROSOFT in gaming hardware

so microsoft lost?

No cause im talking about GROWTH

SONY SALES IN 2009 compared to 2004 ARE LARGER in terms of TOTAL HARDWARE SALES AND SOFTWARE SALES than it is IN 2004.

o rly? the graphs say otherwise

kirby007 said:
Carl2291 said:
kirby007 said:
jlauro said:
kirby007 said:
jlauro said:
kirby007 said:
Carl2291 said:

As of right now, PS2 > Everything, so thats hardly a bad thing.

How about this...

PS3 > PS1 > 360?

we can't do that due to totally different habit of living over the past few years

Then we cant do this due to the totally different habit of living in that 1 year the 360 was on the market, that the PS3 wasnt

kirby007 said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:
Blood_Tears said:
letsdance said:
Dark Chaos said:

BOOM!

BOOMSHOT!!

dude how do you call R&d  costs then? free spendings?

lol... what? No... it's callled profiting enough from the product to recoop losses....

Consider this:

If the iPod lost half of its market to MS and Sony, people would take that as a huge loss to Apple. There would be endless debate about how Apple failed.

If Windows 7 lost half of its market to OSX and Google OS, people would take that as a huge loss to Microsoft. There would be endless debate about how MS failed.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.