By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question for the Mario Lovers: NSMB vs Galaxy

NSMB Wii.

Why? The multiplayer and I do prefer 2D platformers since they take more skill.

DKC Returns is better than both of them though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I have NSMBW and Galaxy 1&2, I would easy buy Galaxy 3 over NSMBW 2 anytime. Galaxy 2 was a awesome game, almost perfect. I think it was easy at some areas,but, it is a great game. NSMBW is cool too,but, not much of a challenge imho.

2d mario for me

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

NSMBWii's multiplayer was one of the best gameplay experience for me this gen. (NOTE: play the game 3player not 4player. 4player is to much chaos, 3 player is a blast)
Mario galaxy was kinda magical.
so I dunno which one to choose.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

I'm bored of 2D and 3D mario. Give me some 4D or 5D mario!

Around the Network

I'm still not a big fan of the "Galaxy" setting in those games, the space thing doesn't do it for me for a mario game.
and NSMWii is one of my favorite games on the wii, so my pick is obvious.

Galaxy.

Please don't take it as that I hate New Super Mario Brothers Wii....

It's like this:
Galaxy: 9.8
NSMB: 9.5

Super Mario Galaxy! NSMBW just felt cheap compared to Super Mario World and Bros 1-3, not on the same level.

as much as I love 3D Mario the 2D ones are more nostalgic to me and I also like the multiplayer aspect that Nintnedo's been focusing on with their last few 2D platformers so I would choose to never play another Galaxy-esque Mario.

Galaxy hands down, they crap all over Sunshine and 64 and NSMBWii just didnt do it for me. The multiplayer felt tacked on and from a strictly gameplay perspective, its not even close to Mario 3 or World