By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question for the Mario Lovers: NSMB vs Galaxy

3D mario. Galaxy= incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

2d mario. i still greatly enjoy 2d gaming and while i enjoyed mario 64 and galaxy, they don't hold a candle to smb 1-3 and world.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I think Galaxy and Mario Bros Wii are now references of respectively 3D and 2D Mario games. I really enjoy both, but Galaxy will get a sequel... so this might be better.

Galaxy: You have no friends and siblings to play with.
NSMBWii: You have friends and/or siblings to play with or you're old.

I've rented SMG and I own NSMBWii and I am going to give my vote to NSMBWii. I really enjoy playing the 2D Mario. That's not to say that I didn't like SMG but it's just not the same for me.

Around the Network

IMHO Galaxy takes it by a mile. It brought so much to the table, and being a completionist I logged over 100 hours into it getting all 242 stars. While NSMBWii is an amazing game it doesn't offer the same level of innovation, plus I'll probably never be able to enjoy the multiplayer because most of my real life friends aren't really interested in Mario.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Incubi said:

Its really a question about fun factor vs wow factor.

As for NSMBWii, You're seldom gonna sit down and say wow! that was a really neat touch, or wow! why have'nt I ever seen that in a videogame before!?

Despite the marvel of Super Mario Galaxy, ive had much more fun playing NSMBWii. Its really hard, couse I kinda want both in my my gaming life.

With NSMBWii, ppl who knew I was a Nintendo fan, would call me after they saw this NSMB commercial and like: "Did you get the new mario game??" And I was like: "wtf? eh..sure"

Ive never had that kinda reaction to a videogame before, except for some early installments of Mario Party.

So if I HAD to choose, I'd choose an innovative, challenging and fun mario experience that was extremely accessible... and that would have to be NSMBWii.

That's some really good reasoning!

"Ive never had that kinda reaction to a videogame before"

^^Yeah, NSMB might just become as famous as the original Mario!

EDIT: BTW, does your name in any way refer to the band?

Let's get some more votes coming in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2D Mario

I can play Super Mario Bros. all day without getting bored.

although i absolutely adore both 2D and 3D mario, my choice would have to be Galaxy-esque games. that game really dazzled and astounded me with it's greatness.

before NSMBWii was showed at E3, my dream was that someday Nintendo would make a new 2D mario... imagine my happiness when they announced NSMBWii! at one point i thought super paper mario was what NSMBWii is now, back then i was so excited for that game too.

thankfully though, nobody has to make this difficult choice... this gen is so amazing in that we get TWO 3D mario's AND a 2D mario too. that's why this gen is THE best gen ever for me. it even has TWO mega Zeldas, what more chould one person ask for??