By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MrBubbles Reviews Modern Warfare 2

You know there is an option to write a user review on the game's page

Around the Network

Yup, there's tons of gameply annoyances in MW2 but I love it. I'm abit disappointed that the Desert Eagle is uselss though =\

Personally, one of my biggest gripes with the game are the maps - they're just way too goddamn fugly. Everything just has this old neglected trashy look to it and on the ps3, grassy outdoor maps are a mess because of the jaggies.

Really, this game is an eyesore for me. The only two maps I really like are Underpass and Afghan - something about the lighting on those just seems to make everything alot more visually nicer.

As for the never-ending complaints about campers, I'll never understand they get so much hate.

1: People are idiots for running out in the open or making their presence obvious.

2: So someone's camping an objective...is that a bad thing now? I'd be worried if some of my team wasn't camping depending on the gametype.

3: Heartbeat sensor.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

coolestguyever said:
MrBubbles said:

Its an insanely addictive broken piece of garbage.

Care to expand on that?

Because right now I'll just have to assume your bad at the game and therefore you think its a piece of garbage.

I'm a good player. I wouldn't say I'm awesome (there are certainly better people who are more knowledgeable about the new maps then me), but for what I've found:

1) The most overall useful gun in the first game, M16, isn't available from the start in this game. Therefore it gives an advantage (assuming the stats are the same and if this game is as grounded in reality as they say you'd think it'd have to be) to those who are at a higher level, as opposed to giving them variety (which is what the weapon unlocks in the last game did). At least if the M16 is available at the start then it's a level playing field for everyone (because all have access to it) and it's a sign of how good the first game is that not everyone used the M16 always.

2) Thermal Scopes. In the last game (and almost all shooters out there), the best campers are the ones that make you think they are not there at first glance because they've concealed themselves so well OR are the ones that place themselves in a position you would not expect them to be (therefore giving themselves the advantage). The thermal scope destroys all that.

I'm not much of a camp and snipe person, but I do it sometimes to gain the points for a particular weapon. One of the best things about MW1 and sniper VS sniper moments is that the best or luckiest sniper would win because they were able to pick off the parts of the enemies body that were exposed (by skill or luck). This game ruins that because there's no skill in being able to move your crosshairs over to a highlighted heat source and obviously there's no luck. 

MrBubbles said:
coolestguyever said:
MrBubbles said:

Its an insanely addictive broken piece of garbage.

Care to expand on that?

Because right now I'll just have to assume your bad at the game and therefore you think its a piece of garbage.

well, its really regarding the online aspect of the game.  the single player was boring, bland and uninteresting, so i didnt feel like reviewing it at all.

if you have playing online and dont feel that way, then its clear you havent.   among the countless annoyances, the most annoying for me would have to be peoples ability to shoot and knife me through the riot shield.

I agree the single player was really weak to say the least.

The online certainly isn't perfect, a lot of things bother me too. Like how I can have put 2 or 3 shots of my ACR/SCAR into someone and he still has the ability to knife me, and like what you said with the riot shield being BS.

The main thing that bothers me is campers. They make the game not fun, simple as that. IW needs to find a way to punish campers like no match bonus if you stay in the same spot for too long or something like that to discourage campers.

Strategyking92 said:
dtewi said:
Snesboy said:
Describes my relationship with the Xbox 360. Such a whore of a system.

Such deep originality.

Such deep originality.

Such deep originality.