By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid_Raiden said:
I don't think it should really be called "significantly". Now the wii, that's significantly outselling both the ps3 and the 360.

No. The Wii DESTROYED the PS3 and 360, but then again, that isn't shocking.

Wii has been down YOY almost every single week and now it has pretty much matched last years numbers for Black Friday.

I would say that is an accomplishment. Of course it also had a price drop of $50.

AND? What is that suposed to mean? How many consoles do you think the 360 would have sold if it was still at the same price it released at? lol

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
Solid_Raiden said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid_Raiden said:
I don't think it should really be called "significantly". Now the wii, that's significantly outselling both the ps3 and the 360.

Wii has been down YOY almost every single week and now it has pretty much matched last years numbers for Black Friday.

I would say that is an accomplishment. Of course it also had a price drop of $50.

AND? What is that suposed to mean? How many consoles do you think the 360 would have sold if it was still at the same price it released at? lol

I am sure that even if the Wii was still $250 it would have outsold both the PS3 and the 360.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid_Raiden said:

Well, I wasn't shocked. There, better now?

I told you guys it would dominate heavily again.

I am sure everyone here expected the Wii to take the Black Friday crown.

Oh of course, but most didn't think it would do it by so much. I, on the other hand, never had a shadow of a doubt.

Neither did I, but I am sure there are some that expected less considering the YOY decline the Wii has experience since 2008.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Solid_Raiden said:

Well, I wasn't shocked. There, better now?

I told you guys it would dominate heavily again.

I am sure everyone here expected the Wii to take the Black Friday crown.

Oh of course, but most didn't think it would do it by so much. I, on the other hand, never haMod a shadow of a doubt.

Most expected 750k plus, so yeah they expected nice numbers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
TheTruthHurts! said:
All right everyone.........

This is a sales and gaming site. Predictions, regardless if they are favorable or unfavorable towards a certain console, are predictions none the less.

We have each eaten our fare share of pie. I remember how much pie people were eating when the 360 started dominated the PS3 in sales. Now the PS3 is doing amazing, and some of the 360 fans are cooking up and preparing to eat some pie themselves (myself included, I love my 360). Nintendo.....well.......they are just destroying everyone!

The reason for my post is this.

Posts are already being brought to my attention and reported. I will not hesitate to dish out some warning and bans if things start to get out of hand. I have far too much respect for this site and it's members to start seeing anyone targeted because of there predictions (regardless of console preference). I dont need to name, names, but please.......keep things professional and civil.

That is all I ask.

What happened reminds me of this saying:

If you mess with fire, you're gonna get burned.

I expect it to be much worse later on, when he is actually online.

Around the Network

I was expecting the 360 to take it by a decent amount. Good job PS3.

Wii sales are just phenomenal.

December is Wii and DS time, it's the perfect gift for families. My cousin bought 2 DS for her kids. I still think we are going a little to crazy over the PS3 sales, it might still lose in the NPD'S to the 360. I actually expect it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Job well done to all consoles, expecially the PS3 for getting back in the game.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The PSP Go has been a disaster!

Cueil said:
idiots... who else has Black Fri? If you're going to complain about it not being world wide gtfo of the thread. The 360 will take this easy. They not only mostly sold out they sent far more consoles to stores... the PS3 to 360 ratio had to be horrible and for a interesting tid bit the Elite was selling better than the Arcade at our store untill it sold out completely. I was hoping that some games like Halo 3 would be in the 15 or 9 dollar bin... but alas nothing... though MW1 was 25 bucks. The 360 should take this week... Sony would have had to have a strong showing early in the week to keep it close

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi