By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

leo-j said:
Grimes said:

The PSP is fading fast. I don't see the platform surviving much longer outside of Japan if it can't push software.

It's pushing software, just not the numbers that the DS, PS3, 360, or WII have..

besides, PSN is also pushing some psp software, and PSN is pure revenue when you buy from there

The dreamcast sold some software too. Just selling some software is not good enough. I can't even remember the last time a PSP title was on a NPD list.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
psrock said:

December is Wii and DS time, it's the perfect gift for families. My cousin bought 2 DS for her kids. I still think we are going a little to crazy over the PS3 sales, it might still lose in the NPD'S to the 360. I actually expect it.

MakingMusic took care of it.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Yawn, I believe I called this days ago. Anywho. . . XBOX IS DOOOOMED!!111!!11ONE!!11ELEVEN1111!!!!11ONE!!11!!

Wow, the Wii outsold both PS3/360 again! Amazing sales, it even managed to match last years BF sales.

The PSP down 35%? So that means it sold 165k (last year 254k), ouch, quite a drop off...It only managed to outsell the PS2...

PS2 down 25% which means sales of 122k (last year 163k), not too bad for such a aging console, it's still hanging on.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

CGI-Quality said:
PS3

US - 400,000

US - 325,000

O.o

DS

US - 850,000

Wii

US - 800,000

You just forgot to talk about this little detail. LoL

Around the Network
Machina said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
PS3

US - 400,000

US - 325,000

O.o

DS

US - 850,000

Wii

US - 800,000

Somebody already beat you to it earlier in the thread and CGI made it pretty clear he didn't forget at all. But you know, it is ok to make a thread about console sales and the PS360 sales battle without the Wii in it...

Well I just wanted to put things into perspective...

Great for ps3 but next Black Friday will be very interesting.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
Great for ps3 but next Black Friday will be very interesting.

+1

atma998 said:
Machina said:
atma998 said:
CGI-Quality said:
PS3

US - 400,000

US - 325,000

O.o

DS

US - 850,000

Wii

US - 800,000

Somebody already beat you to it earlier in the thread and CGI made it pretty clear he didn't forget at all. But you know, it is ok to make a thread about console sales and the PS360 sales battle without the Wii in it...

Well I just wanted to put things into perspective...

CGI-Quality said:

Solid_Raiden said:
I don't think it should really be called "significantly". Now the wii, that's significantly outselling both the ps3 and the 360.

No. The Wii DESTROYED the PS3 and 360, but then again, that isn't shocking.

===

I think he beat you to the punch :P

And yes, its pretty much a given that the Wii will dominate. The only argument that took place is if the 360 or the PS3 would take second place.

(Unless you count a few delusional posters prediction 1million+ PS3 sold in US rofl)

What I'm wondering is how much better PS3 would've sold if its bundles didn't sell out so fast.

And does anyone know if 360s and Wii's were consistently selling out?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes