By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

spacetattoo82 said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Boneitis said:
The 360 might have performed better if the bundles weren't so crappy.

The PS3 had strong 1st party titles while the 360 basically had shovelware.

excuses, excuses.

The real reason why PS3 sold more is that it had a 100$ price cut recently and had good ads. 

right on, 100$ price cut was long awaited by many xbox 360 owner and wii owners alike.

also new adapters

Thats why this was a huge improvement over last years abysmal BF sales.

Around the Network
spacetattoo82 said:

WII DOMINATED SALES. Ps3 for having great bundles did less then expected. Xbox had sales going on three weeks ago that where way better then black friday's sales.

So 75,000 or whatever the sales come out saying is not a lot.

You should have put, wii spanked xbox and PS3.  That should have been the title.

CONGRATES wii, even though these fanboys won't give you the respect you deserve.

I play my xbox way more then wii but you can't deny the wii machine.

The Wii IS the fastest selling home console in history,its not really fair to compare it's sales to 2 other consoles that are more expansive and are pointed for the more mature audience.

The PS3 outselling 360 in NA on Black Friday,thats the most important thing,if you dont think that,you havent been on this site too much.

the MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Boneitis said:

excuses, excuses.

The real reason why PS3 sold more is that it had a 100$ price cut recently and had good ads. 

You PS3 fans are so defensive.

I'm not saying the 360 would have outsold the PS3 with better games, I'm just saying it would have PERFORMED BETTER if it came with GOOD GAMES. It not an excuse and the fact is the PS3 got bundled with better games.

ChrisIsNotSexy said:

The Wii IS the fastest selling home console in history,its not really fair to compare it's sales to 2 other consoles that are more expansive and are pointed for the more mature audience.

=> more expensive maybe (arcade model), but i humbly disagree to the "pointed to more mature audience"

The PS3 outselling 360 in NA on Black Friday,thats the most important thing,if you dont think that,you havent been on this site too much.

=> Excuse me, but i think that the main BF thread on VGC not dealing with the huge sales of DS/Wii is a shame. On GAF i could understand, but there, definitely not !

oli2 said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

=> more expensive maybe (arcade model), but i humbly disagree to the "pointed to more mature audience"

=> Excuse me, but i think that the main BF thread on VGC not dealing with the huge sales of DS/Wii is a shame. On GAF i could understand, but there, definitely not !

Everyone expected the DS and Wii to sell like crazy,but I had not the slightest ideea that the PS3 will outsell 360 on Black Friday,so for me thats the most unexpected thing to happen,not the DS and Wii numbers...but maybe its just me

Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

Everyone expected the DS and Wii to sell like crazy,but I had not the slightest ideea that the PS3 will outsell 360 on Black Friday,so for me thats the most unexpected thing to happen,not the DS and Wii numbers...but maybe its just me

I did not say that discussing the fact that PS3 outsold the Xbox360 was not worth the discussion. I personnaly think this is quite a feat and undoubtely a fact, given the difference is outside the margin of error.

But behind the tree there are 2 huge ones named DS and Wii, that should, IMO,  be discussed in this very topic.

Wii for example received its fair share of doom & gloom predictions until price cut/NSMB:Wii. Fact is Wii is back to "business as usual" since a few week and these sales put it the same level as last year. 

oli2 said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

I did not say that discussing the fact that PS3 outsold the Xbox360 was not worth the discussion. I personnaly think this is quite a feat and undoubtely a fact, given the difference is outside the margin of error.

But behind the tree there are 2 huge ones named DS and Wii, that should, IMO,  be discussed in this very topic.

Wii for example received its fair share of doom & gloom predictions until price cut/NSMB:Wii. Fact is Wii is back to "business as usual" since a few week and these sales put it the same level as last year. 

I think also that Ds and Wii should be discussed but exept making predictions it's the Nintendomination of last year.

For many people is more interesting speaking of consoles who are competing head to head, one of which 4 months ago was doomed.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Boneitis said:
the MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Boneitis said:

excuses, excuses.

You PS3 fans are so defensive.

I'm not saying the 360 would have outsold the PS3 with better games, I'm just saying it would have PERFORMED BETTER if it came with GOOD GAMES. It not an excuse and the fact is the PS3 got bundled with better games.

Defensive ? I was not defensive at all.

Fact still remains that most people expected PS3 to be outsold by 360 on BF and it was a poor performance by 360 in 2009 compared to 2008.

And I don't think that the modern warfare bundle along with AC2 and L4D2 is crap.

Truth is you are a defensive 360 fan.

oli2 said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

Soo what? the ps3 get its fair share of doom and gloom from the las 2 maybe 3 years?!! and now we at?

Sony needs only 1 price cut from 299 to 199 and the wii is a goner.

and everyone knows that..

Just like the 399>>299 price cut  the ps3 is not an stupid console the sony playstation brand is  stil the biggest but the price tag holds it down.

psfanboy said:
oli2 said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:

Soo what? the ps3 get its fair share of doom and gloom from the las 2 maybe 3 years?!! and now we at?

Sony needs only 1 price cut from 299 to 199 and the wii is a goner.

and everyone knows that..

Just like the 399>>299 price cut  the ps3 is not an stupid console the sony playstation brand is  stil the biggest but the price tag holds it down.

It was im affraid.

I guess we will see next generation if the PlayStation brand can recover its audience,people think that will depend on the PS4 only,but there are some forgetting the PSP2,something that will probably be even bigger than the PS4