By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 7 Usage Passes All Versions of Mac OS X

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Vista is a stable operating system. Probably the stablest thing MS had done since DOS.

For all the spin in commercials, I think people want a Mac but they see that the specs are the same but the price is 30-40% more than a PC and they can't justify buying it. The only positive is that you'll have a PC that crashes less than a PC that already doesn't crash often to begin with.

I have used Vista since before it launched (I worked at MS at the time), in 4 or 5 different computers so far. I haven't seen it crash even once.

That's why I'm having a hard time buying Windows 7. Vista works well enough for me.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

^^^ Vista was stable, just slow, and a resource hog. Windows 7 is MUCH faster and jsut cleaner...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Bodhesatva said:

I'm far more interested in Mac OS (all forms) vs. Windows OS (all forms) battle.

Mac OS has been growing steadily, and as has been mentioned, thus far Windows 7 hasn't seemed to have blunted the progress. Of course, this progress is coming at 1-2% adoption per year, but add that progress up over a decade, and Mac would suddenly have 1/4 to 1/3 marketshare.

Bod! Long time no see!

Mac will never gain much market because of the closed hardware... No businesses will invest in it.

Not that I mind, I've been a Mac user for over a decade. I don't dislike Windows, though, I simply prefer OS X.

With that said, let's not start quibbling over Mac vs. PC in this thread. I'll be watching...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It is the magic of lucky 7! Great job MS.

Based on the initial impact of 7, I think it is safe to say the OS is probably going to see alot of adoption in the coming year from Corporate customers. This is of course the core of profits for M$, and it will drive sales for other software application desgin to ride on the new OS.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Around the Network
heruamon said:
^^^ Vista was stable, just slow, and a resource hog. Windows 7 is MUCH faster and jsut cleaner...

Vista was slow only on low end machines - throw it at core 2 with 2+ GBs of ram and there won't be any performance diffrences beetwen Vista and W7.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
heruamon said:

Vista was slow only on low end machines - throw it at core 2 with 2+ GBs of ram and there won't be any performance diffrences beetwen Vista and W7.

Why is Windows 7 faster on my Q6600 Quad Core with 4 GB of Ram? 

Damnyouall said:
I was led to believe that this site is about games / game charts.

Why does it matter? The forum is not limited to sales and video games.

OT: Windows 7 is indeed excellent!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

heruamon said:
Zlejedi said:
heruamon said:

Why is Windows 7 faster on my Q6600 Quad Core with 4 GB of Ram?

Placebo effect ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lots of trolling in this thread, control yourselves people, we all have our favorites and each has their own good qualities, but the topic at hand is usage and not how either OS sucks. I've read about half the thread and will be reading the rest when I have time, and keeping an eye on this thread.

Keep it civil people.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000