By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone tempted to pick up M.A.G. based on Beta experience?

I found it to be just as ju described it. Didnt have any expectations, and thought that it might even be bad because of the scale. But i got a beta key.. sat through the first 2h update :( and started playing it.

I too found the graphics to be a bit meh, but what really shines is the gameplay. The feel of the weapons and sound is excellent imo. Its "light" im comparisson to KZ2 and i really liked it. I was also going to buy it after my initial experience, but the constant Loading became too much and other games came into view (Uncharted 2). So i lost all excitement for the game once more.

We'll see next year though.. if they've patched the bugs and made it more smooth. Im sure i'll pick it up. Maybe not Day 1 though.

Around the Network

Well about the graphics, I guess I was expecting more since it looked better in the earlier beta, it clearly downgraded.

mM
Euphoria14 said:

I was totally unintersted in this game and then someone here posted a link for a chance at a beta code. I got myself a code and tried out this game.

I must admit that at first I found the graphics very underwhelming, but the gameplay truly shined for me. Now I am accustomed to the graphics and to be honest, they really don't look bad at all, especially for a game with large scaled battles like seen in Domination mode, 128 vs 128.

I am now seriously giving this game a second thought and even though I previously couldn't fit it into my gaming budget for 2010, I think I may just skip out on lunch for a couple weeks at work and try to save up a few more bucks. This game is really fun. Zipper has done a fantastic job so far. I haven't had this much fun in an online shooter since Unreal Tournament III.

Anyone possibly picking this game up and/or enjoying the beta?

Starving yourself for the sake of a video game. Classic.

STEKSTAV said:
I found it to be just as ju described it. Didnt have any expectations, and thought that it might even be bad because of the scale. But i got a beta key.. sat through the first 2h update :( and started playing it.

I too found the graphics to be a bit meh, but what really shines is the gameplay. The feel of the weapons and sound is excellent imo. Its "light" im comparisson to KZ2 and i really liked it. I was also going to buy it after my initial experience, but the constant Loading became too much and other games came into view (Uncharted 2). So i lost all excitement for the game once more.

We'll see next year though.. if they've patched the bugs and made it more smooth. Im sure i'll pick it up. Maybe not Day 1 though.

I am going with a wait and see approach as well. I will pick it up if sales are good and it establishes a good userbase.

@leo-j

It's still a beta so who knows? It may end up looking the same or it may end up looking better. All I know is that I can play a 128 vs 128 game on a wireless connection and I experience zero lag. That is a wonderful thing for me since I have never experienced such a large scale FPS before.

Gameplay for me is worth a lot more than graphics, but for many others I am sure they prefer eyepopping eye candy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

vitoaf27 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I was totally unintersted in this game and then someone here posted a link for a chance at a beta code. I got myself a code and tried out this game.

I must admit that at first I found the graphics very underwhelming, but the gameplay truly shined for me. Now I am accustomed to the graphics and to be honest, they really don't look bad at all, especially for a game with large scaled battles like seen in Domination mode, 128 vs 128.

I am now seriously giving this game a second thought and even though I previously couldn't fit it into my gaming budget for 2010, I think I may just skip out on lunch for a couple weeks at work and try to save up a few more bucks. This game is really fun. Zipper has done a fantastic job so far. I haven't had this much fun in an online shooter since Unreal Tournament III.

Anyone possibly picking this game up and/or enjoying the beta?

How do you think I used to get my games back in highschool?

I'll actually have to stop being lazy and make my own breakfast and lunch instead of buying Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a roll each morning and enjoying a big boneless rib sandwich for lunch.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
vitoaf27 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I'll actually have to stop being lazy and make my own breakfast and lunch instead of buying Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a roll each morning and enjoying a big boneless rib sandwich for lunch.

lol, i saved all my lunch money to buy games in the end of the month xD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
Euphoria14 said:
vitoaf27 said:
Euphoria14 said:

lol, i saved all my lunch money to buy games in the end of the month xD

That's right! Back in 1999-2002 most games for the PS1 were $40. My lunch was $1.25, so I was able to get a game each month.

How else would I have kept up with my JRPG obsession?

Currently playing:

One thing i love about the game is how smooth the menus run. I know it sounds dumb but after playing Socom for awhile not having to wait 3 seconds per click is great. Also the group settings work pretty well. One thing im really waiting on is the other modes that are still locked out. Hope they market it with headsets though so more people will talk.

Another thing i love about the game is it reminds me of Killzone 2 but with more team strategy. The class' actually seem to benefit the team unlike K2 where you die so fast and the game is so hectic.

gravess said:
One thing i love about the game is how smooth the menus run. I know it sounds dumb but after playing Socom for awhile not having to wait 3 seconds per click is great. Also the group settings work pretty well. One thing im really waiting on is the other modes that are still locked out. Hope they market it with headsets though so more people will talk.

...Which reminds me, why the hell is the Training Mode locked? Maybe if they actually showed new people what they are supposed to be doing on each side, it wouldn't be so unorganized.