By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone tempted to pick up M.A.G. based on Beta experience?

I'm pretty torn between buying or not.

I liked it, it's just I was hoping for more...

Around the Network
Ramser said:

This beta is pretty good i rep-layed and i noticed how sexy the game is compared to the battlefield bad company 2 beta which seriously sucks ass

Must sucks living in opposite world huh ?

ill be getting it launch day, ive played the betas and im impressed. Ive sort of stopped playing the beta now though, dont really want to play the game to death before its even released lol. Its not perfect by any means, but it does what it says on the tin in my opinion.

The beta actually turned me off. I probably would have on GameFlyed it anyway, but now I don't think I'm going to even bother.

If its got a party system like Uncharted 2 and Cod then yes. Othherwise I dont see the point.

Ynwa.

Around the Network

Yes i will buy the game, its very good, i like realistic games, you get shot , you go down, its a different game, graphics are good for such a large scale game, and the beta is never polished like the release. The game takes team work which sorry to say not many can hang , most players are out for themselves. that said good teams on mAG that use teamwork can really be a lot of fun. MAG can be a great game, but it depends on the players playing it. we will see if players can use teamwork in large on a video game

Just got out of a good game of Sabotage. I positioned myself at point A and found a nice spot between two pieces of wood where it was hard to hit me and I sniped 18 guys in the round. I died zero times.

Got myself my first medal. 15 uninterrupted kills for the Streaker Medal.

This came right after a game where I killed 8 and died 11 times.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I had a couple of good games today. Quite a difference when you get people who at least try to work together to attack an objective.

I'd check my map and see a bunch of disorganized people attacking objective A and then see that the other squads have taken and are grouped up defending B. We eventually took A and went on to take C, but it was just that feeling that we were holding things up, lol.

The sabotage mission is probably my most played one since it's easier to find a game and you're not ALWAYS facing SVER like in the 256 player mission (have you seen their win bar?? sheesh). I'm thinking either the SVER weapons and/or SVER map layouts could be tweaked.

The game takes FOREVER to download :(

IllegalPaladin said:
I had a couple of good games today. Quite a difference when you get people who at least try to work together to attack an objective.

I'd check my map and see a bunch of disorganized people attacking objective A and then see that the other squads have taken and are grouped up defending B. We eventually took A and went on to take C, but it was just that feeling that we were holding things up, lol.

The sabotage mission is probably my most played one since it's easier to find a game and you're not ALWAYS facing SVER like in the 256 player mission.

You're facing SVER because they hold the most contracts, I play on SVER and I can't believe how raven/valor attack allways end up in sniper-campfest it's allways 1-3 guys attacking head-on rest sitting on the edge of the map. Unless were playing against a team of clanmates/friends raven nor valor usually don't even get to the second line of defense. Usually everyone just forgets to defend the broken anti-air turret so SVERs just fix it up and the attacking team is back where they started.

they should limit 1 sniper per squad somehow.

edit: also allmost no one is using smoke grenades, they're extremely useful when those bunker turrets keep grinding the attacking team for XP. I usually spam them between my teammates and the bunkers so we can get close and blow them up.