By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happened to Wii motion + ?

I'm still waiting for the next bleach game that uses Motion+. No release this year though. Bummer.

Around the Network

8 games????

Which are they?

Wii Sports Resort
NHL 2K10
Tiger Woods 10
Grand Slam Tennis
Virtua Tennis 2010
Shaun White World Stage

...don't know if any more use it yet

hanafuda said:
I assume Red Steel 2 is held back in the hope that the WM+ userbase grows.

If not, I reckon they are re-coding the game so it works with standard Wiimotes too.

I thought RS2 is bundled with one... if so, there is no need to wait for the user base to grow

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

thats only 6 games

Around the Network

According to wiki:

Academy of Champions
Food Network: Cook or be Cooked
Gladiator A.D.
Grand Slam Tennis
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game
Kidz Sports - Crazy Mini Golf
Zelda Wii
NHL2K10
Rage of the Gladiator
Red Steel 2
Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage
Span Smasher
SpongeBob's Truth or Square
The Grinder
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Virtua Tennis 2009
Wii Sports Resort
Zangeki no REGINLEIV

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

zelda is wii motion exclusive as is red steel 2...

i am sure more exclusive games will come in the near future.

hello how are you.

Should be about ~9 million WM+ peripherals out in the wild right now. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

tedsteriscool said:
Rumors say that the next Zelda will, which would help it quite a bit.

Not rumors...

Well I don't think it's been out long enough to make any judgements yet.

Wii Sports Resort has probably sold as well as it could and hence I don't think the userbase could have grown much faster than it already has. As such the userbase is still quite small so I can understand why developers that were aiming to have their games ship in Q3 or Q4 wouldn't have bothered to hold back their games to code for WM+.

As others have said, some games like FPS, or anything that mostly uses IR tracking rather than motions is not going to benefit that much from it. I don't really think there have been that many big releases on the Wii in the past few months generally speaking, let alone games that could have benefited greatly from its implementation. In WSR, Golf, Tennis and the upcoming Red Steel 2 we have representatives from some of the more likely genres and I think it's just a matter of time before we see more of that ilk.

It goes to show though that the vast majority of users are either unaware of WM+ or are happy enough with Wii controls as is to make me think that Sony and MS are going to have their work cut out for them in carving a market for their respective motion control devices.