By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare Sales Watch

Chrizum said:
PhalanxCO said:
intro94 said:
the profits on this humble low cost port must be skyrocketing. Take note EA, UBI,Capcom. Theres a whole bunch of core market on the wii that buys 3rd party stuff.

No kidding.  500k at $15-$20 to the publisher per copy?  That's $7.5 - $10 million in revenue.  I know it didn't cost that much to port.

Actually, the game retails for 60,- so that means around 25,- per copy directly to the publisher.

Reflex retails for $60?!???!  WTH?

Around the Network
PhalanxCO said:
Chrizum said:
PhalanxCO said:
intro94 said:
the profits on this humble low cost port must be skyrocketing. Take note EA, UBI,Capcom. Theres a whole bunch of core market on the wii that buys 3rd party stuff.

No kidding.  500k at $15-$20 to the publisher per copy?  That's $7.5 - $10 million in revenue.  I know it didn't cost that much to port.

Actually, the game retails for 60,- so that means around 25,- per copy directly to the publisher.

Reflex retails for $60?!???!  WTH?

The game retails for $50. Wii games don't retail over $50 unless they include some sort of pack-in accessory.

The online accounts are just over 244,000 as of today.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

GianCarmen said:
Its a great game and it makes me pissed that all these damn developers complain that core 3rd party game dont sell. Stop making spinoff games, ports of older games, stop with the stupid tests. Make some good AAA games and they will see that the market is there, just make the games good.

Isn't Modern Warfare:Reflex a port?

I can't believe how well this game is selling, I still need to go get this

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Chrizum said:
PhalanxCO said:
intro94 said:

Not sure if you live somewhere outside the US, or if you are confusing this with MW2.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
PhalanxCO said:
intro94 said:

Not sure if you live somewhere outside the US, or if you are confusing this with MW2.

In Europe, the game goes for €60. I assumed it would be the same in the US, my apologies.

Chrizum said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Chrizum said:
PhalanxCO said:
intro94 said:

In Europe, the game goes for €60. I assumed it would be the same in the US, my apologies.

Hey, those do often match, so I can see the misunderstanding.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

in latin america is at US 60 as well.

it's pretty expensive, especially for a port, but the game has a big name and belongs to a big franchise, another reason for it to be getting those numbers, although the price tag can't be helping.

Even at the price of 50-60 this game is well worth the cost. I havent been playing any other game on my Wii since I have gotten this game.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!