By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Modern Warfare Sales Watch

Okay, it's at 620K. Not as much as World At War around this time (703K*), but it's still far better than many thought it would do.

*And some were still calling it a flop at that time.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

WaW got adjustments about this time last year. Perhaps this will too. I should search for the thread as we posted online figures for it. It would be nice to compare online accounts sign-up pace.

edit: just found it. The game got to 250,000 accounts on 10th January 2009. Reflex hit that number a few days earlier as it is now at 268,000. Perhaps this game is slightly undertracked?

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:

WaW got adjustments about this time last year. Perhaps this will too. I should search for the thread as we posted online figures for it. It would be nice to compare online accounts sign-up pace.

edit: just found it. The game got to 250,000 accounts on 10th January 2009. Reflex hit that number a few days earlier as it is now at 268,000. Perhaps this game is slightly undertracked?

This makes me wonder when NPD for December will be announced.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Okay, numbers have been adjusted, and even though it tracked lower at first, there was a huge surge around Christmas, and now the sales are on par with WaW on Wii.

I hope the next CoD on Wii gets good marketing and local multiplayer.

Wow, it's actually possible for MWR to become a million seller?

Around the Network

"Wow, it's actually possible for MWR to become a million seller?"

Even when it seemed to be tracking lower, it was still on track to sell a million.

forest-spirit said:
Wow, it's actually possible for MWR to become a million seller?

It is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

LordTheNightKnight said:

Even when it seemed to be tracking lower, it was still on track to sell a million.

Even if it's Modern Warfare, this is pretty good for a 2 year old port with zero marketing.

Makes me wonder what the sales would've been like had the Wii version been released 2 years ago.

forest-spirit said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Even if it's Modern Warfare, this is pretty good for a 2 year old port with zero marketing.

Makes me wonder what the sales would've been like had the Wii version been released 2 years ago.

Not sure it would have sold as much as the HD versions without local multiplayer (NOT because of the graphics), but still quite a lot.

probably would have sold more though.