By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What % of you're N64/GC/Wii games are Nintendo games?

I bought NSMB today and I was thinking that MOST of my games on Nintendo consoles are published or dev'd by Nintendo. Hence this thread...

Unfortunately there was no N64 in my country, but on the Gamecube my games were:

Zelda:WW, Metroid:Prime, Metroid:Prime2, SSB:Melee, Donkey Conga, Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Super Monkey Ball2 and Timesplitters 2.

That's a 7/11 = ~64%

On the Wii so far:

SMG, Zelda:TTP, Metroid:Prime3, WSR, NSMB and RE4.

That's 5/6 = ~83%

Interestingly 3/5 = 60% of the other games are Capcom games. I ONLY buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo software and it seems like many people follow that trend if you look at the general sales. Many publishers are upset about the poor sales they're getting on Ninty hardware. Unfortunately for them they are competing with arguably the strongest software house in the industry. It's kind of a double-edged sword for Ninty, but we all know they're not too worried. Personally I mostly play 3rd party titles on other platforms.

So how do your figures compare?

Around the Network

is the question for developed by nintendo or published?

eg, killer instinct gold and fzero gx are published by nintendo but not developed by them, would they count or not?

I think it's close to 75% for me

I LOVE ICELAND!

Hmm. Wii games by Ninty I have owned (not inc. Wi Sports + Play) = Zelda TP, MP3, SPM, SMG, MKWii, Wii Fit/Plus, AC:LGTTC, Punch-Out!! SSB:B, WSR Non-Ninty = SMB:BB, PES 2008 and 9, HotD 2+3/Overkill, LKS, Ghost Squad, Z+W, Madworld, World of Goo. Surprisingly even given the general lack of good quality 3rd party support and the fact that I only bought a few new 3rd party games for the GC (though RE4 was immense).

GC games - 3/9 or 33%.

A couple things to note: I never owned a GC, so these games are played on Wii alone. Also, some GC games have been traded in due to a superior Wii re-release (MP1 and MP2).

Wii games - 13/40 or 33%.

Huh. Quite a coindicence.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

100% of my N64 games were published by Nintendo

73% of my Gamecube games were published by Nintendo

73% of my Wii games were published by Nintendo

Weird huh?

Overall 75% or 30 out of 40.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Wii: 100%
I threw the conduit away.

GC -- 60%

Wii -- 100%

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey