By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's 2010 line-up going to crush every prior year!

NMH2 and Metroid Other M for sure, Galaxy 2 most likely, everything else is wait and see.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

2010 that will probabily have my three lovely franchise :

The Legend of Zelda Wii
Prince of Persia 2 nextgen
Diablo III

if this has to happen then I'll be the happiest gamer ever. I'll keep dreaming ^_^.

papflesje said:
No offense, but the previous years weren't exactly bustling with big game after big game on the Wii...

Just wait until the next generation, when our goldfish-like memories will convince us that all those blockbusters came out within a week of each other, and there were zero droughts.

in 2008 i bought 10 wii games 1 wiiware and 1 VC

we shall see if 2010 can top that

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

im pretty sure zelda, pikmin and one of the more enigmatic selection of maybe starfox, f-zero, kid icarus or kirby will be for 2011.

mario galaxy 2, metroid the other m and sin and punishment two all will be 2010.
im sure theyll release some other random cash ins like wii play 2 or something to flesh out the year around these titles. ;) but i doubt another major release
2-3 big releases a year seems to be their capacity at the moment.

look at it another way - if they do release another major ip like zelda, or even pikmin, in 2010, it will leave 2011 very scant on content indeed (at this point). they need to save something for then!
then after this batch i guess theyll be devoting their teams to new hardware launch releases.

regardless, the third parties have really upped their games for 2010, so it matters less for 2010

i worry that current 3rd party wii game sales will basically mean that we wont see any more core content after the current list of 2010 releases - i doubt they will make as many as none seem to sell much - so i think 2011 will be a barren year indeed, and nintendo will need to pull their fingers out to shore up the release calender
enjoy 2010 while we can :D

Muramasa: the Demon Blade

Around the Network

Nintendo has the oppurtunity to bury this generation and seriously plan for the next if they can get the 2010 year right (or at least more right than their competitors).

I think Epic Mickey will be a stellar seller (especially if really cross promoted - through Disney parks and movies. They have 200,000 people passing through one of their parks per day) Not to mention how broad their movie base is.

DQ X should be released in 2010 (goes perfect with the number 10/10/10 Release anyone?), single handledly killing off any race for Japan in the 2010 year.

Metroid Other M, Pikmin 3, Mario Galaxy 2 ( OUR FIRST 3d YOSHI outing) and Zelda wii (one in each quarter) will be a stable supplement of games to their other more low key offerings such as Dynamic SLash and Span SMasher, Cosmic Walker and Endless Ocean.

The 3rd party situation, outside of Epic Mickey, looks much healthier also. The Grinder, Red Steel 2, and Sin an Punishment if better than the Conduit, should be a feast for shooter fans. Monado, Tales of Graces and Dynamic Slash for RPG fans. Tatsunouko remake for fighters,

To really Kill 2010 though it would be absolutely amazing if we could get word on Project Sakurai, Project Retro and Project Factor 5. Especially if all three were released in the Summer to Holiday to complement their releases. I think it can be a stellar Year

@dampowell

Yoshi was in Super Mario Sunshine, that was the first 3D yoshi adventure

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

I don't see 2010 being a 'huge' year for the Wii yet. Sure, Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M will be Epic but...then what? Epic Mickey and Tatsunoko vs Capcom are the only third party games I have to look forward to, and its still up in the air if they'll even be anything amazing.

2010 is looking to be yet another year with untold promise that will probably turn into a long dry spell due to crappy third party support.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Crappy third party support?

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Red Steel 2
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
Epic Mickey

Ok, it's not on par with 360 third party support, but these titles alone are a huge improvement compared to earlier years.

Then you have SMG2, Sin & Punishment 2 and Metroid: Other M. Nintendo probably has 2-3 unannounced smaller games up their sleave too.

MH3, SMG2, NMH:DP, Red Steel 2, Epic mickey, dynamic slash, metroid other m... very nice list till now, hopefully more to come. Of course zelda alone can make it a huge year, however dont put ur money on it yet. If it does though, i think 2010 will be twice as awesome!