By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's 2010 line-up going to crush every prior year!

kilik said:
Crappy third party support?

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Red Steel 2
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
Epic Mickey

Ok, it's not on par with 360 third party support, but these titles alone are a huge improvement compared to earlier years.

Then you have SMG2, Sin & Punishment 2 and Metroid: Other M. Nintendo probably has 2-3 unannounced smaller games up their sleave too.

6 third party games can't support a system.  We had more good third party games than that this year, and people were claiming this was the 'worst year' of the Wii yet.

You need to have at least one a month to claim the system is healthy.  10 at the absolute minimum.  And the HD systems are getting like 5-10 a month.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

this year was actually pretty big just because of nsmb wii (i'm going by sells on this one) that game will end up selling in the double digits and keep selling for years. 2008 had mk wii and wiifit, which were both big games like nsmb wii. i don't really count brawl or galaxy because they aren't huge selling sustem movers like the 3 other titles i mentioend.

next year we have...

maybe zelda (could be a big game in sells, depends if it's turned into a bridge game)

maybe pikmin (pretty small game actually, but again i could see it being made into a bridge title, and sell a few million)

mario galaxy 2(NOT a big game. i don't think it will sell as much as the first galaxy, because there were some people that didn't like it.

endless ocean2 (not a big title. it will be one of those evergreen titles, even though it'll only sell a million or 2.)

sin and punishment 2 (a niche game. it will not help move hardware, period.)

whatever the vitality sensor game is (i frankly have no idea on this. it could end up being huge like fit, but no software has been shown for it, and without good software to back it up, it'll fail. lets just wait and see.)

so overall, next year looks like it'll be anything from an average year to a great year. depends on zelda, pikmin, vitality sensor, and anything currently unannounced really.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Soriku said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
kilik said:
Crappy third party support?

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Red Steel 2
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
Epic Mickey

Ok, it's not on par with 360 third party support, but these titles alone are a huge improvement compared to earlier years.

Then you have SMG2, Sin & Punishment 2 and Metroid: Other M. Nintendo probably has 2-3 unannounced smaller games up their sleave too.

6 third party games can't support a system.  We had more good third party games than that this year, and people were claiming this was the 'worst year' of the Wii yet.

You need to have at least one a month to claim the system is healthy.  10 at the absolute minimum.  And the HD systems are getting like 5-10 a month.

That's just making up standards. Either way that's not a complete list. This is (for now):

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=83745

Where are these 5-10 a month AAA HD games? I don't see them.

I'm not making up standards, its the complaints people have been throwing at the Wii.  That it hardly gets good games, and only spaced out over many months.  And I'm not just counting 'AAA' games (which is a made up standard for classifying games itself).  I'm just saying the HD systems see 5-10 good to great third party games a month, while the Wii struggles to even get 5-10 a year.  And even then, people debate up to high heaven which of those Wii games are actually good or not, since most of them don't sell and aren't comparable to most of the 'HD' games.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Soriku said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

That's just making up standards. Either way that's not a complete list. This is (for now):

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=83745

Where are these 5-10 a month AAA HD games? I don't see them.

He said nothing about the quality of games, only that HD consoles get a much larger volume of third party titles. Which is true.

I also find it funny that people feel the need to list stuff like the grinder.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

With the possibility of Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda, and Pikmin 3 all coming out in the same year 2010 could be epic for Wii. This seems like a lot to ask of Nintendo, but they owe us for such a long drought.

Around the Network

I thought 2009 was one of the best years so far, at least for third party titles.  We're finally starting to see a decent effort by third parties.  Titles like F1 2009, Modern Warfare Reflex, and Shaun White World Stage are all simply fantastic.  Avater: The Game (Wii version, which is different then the others) looks great, and even The Conduit, though it was a little rough around the edges, showed some serious promise.  And lets not forget about the introduction of motion plus with games like Tiger Woods 10.  Add first party titles like NSMB Wii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Punch Out, and it was definitely a solid year -- much better than 2008.

Having said that, 2010 looks even better from both a first party and a third party perspective.

The Grinder
Gladiator AD
The Crystal Bearers
Numen
Monster Hunter Tri
Dynamic Slash (Please!!!!)
Red Steel 2
SMG 2
Possibly Zelda
Metroid: Other M
Epic Mickey
Monado

And I'm sure there are many more.

Zelda
MG2
Metroid:Other M

With these games I ll be happy^^

Metroid: Other M

I need more cash...

SMG2 and Zelda Wii would easily make this the Wii's best year anything else is gravy.

I'm buying all the AAA games. It's going to take some doing for any third party to get me to buy one of their games!

Metroid+Mario+Zelda will make it the best year ever, and Pikmin will be a fat cherry on the cake.