By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The story of NSMB Wii was atrocious, Nintendo needs my help

Don't the Mario RPG games have an ok storyline? Not sure what the problem is. Does every GAME need a STORY? How about Tetris? We could do something like this:

As for Mario, how about sticking Mario in GTA world?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/82522

Around the Network

How about Pac Man:

Or Minesweeper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

SuperSteveyLes said:
forest-spirit said:
I agree, this isn't the Nes days any more. Games need to be 90% cutscenes to fit into modern gaming. Nintendo has to learn this if they want Mario to become relevant again.

90%, are you serious, I do like a few cutscenes, but that sounds like too much if you ask me.

It's a minimum. As I said in another thread (I think that was a Rol thread as well...) this isn't the Nes gen, with the technology of today we shouldn't have to play the game at all. Nintendo did a mistake with NSMBWii in that you have to die 8 times before you can watch the game play itself. If you could watch it from the beginning it would've been the game of the generation. A game of the future.

"In the past we played games. In the future we watch games." ~ Me.

Quote me.

forest-spirit said:
SuperSteveyLes said:
forest-spirit said:
I agree, this isn't the Nes days any more. Games need to be 90% cutscenes to fit into modern gaming. Nintendo has to learn this if they want Mario to become relevant again.

90%, are you serious, I do like a few cutscenes, but that sounds like too much if you ask me.

It's a minimum. As I said in another thread (I think that was a Rol thread as well...) this isn't the Nes gen, with the technology of today we shouldn't have to play the game at all. Nintendo did a mistake with NSMBWii in that you have to die 8 times before you can watch the game play itself. If you could watch it from the beginning it would've been the game of the generation. A game of the future.

Quote me.

done.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

forest-spirit said:
SuperSteveyLes said:
forest-spirit said:

Quote me.

And here we are back to the confusion of INTERACTIVE FICTION with games.  Until videogames, and perhaps RPGs, games weren't things that had plots or stories.  Games were originally competitive environments with winning and losing conditions, where you tried to beat people.  But then along came videogames, and that apparently changed.  Now, due to the fact videogames is a HUGE industry, people now thing that games are something that MUST have stories behind them.  Well, that is NOT the case. 

Maybe the future of interactive fiction will mean the end of the interactive part, but games will be games.  People will still play board and cardgames, even if they are in a virtual format.

Around the Network

Awful.

It has no terrorism, no Communists, and only one gun.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

richardhutnik said:

Don't the Mario RPG games have an ok storyline? Not sure what the problem is. Does every GAME need a STORY? How about Tetris? We could do something like this:

As for Mario, how about sticking Mario in GTA world?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/82522

I would so buy that.