By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 165k PS3s sold in the UK - a new record!!

Yeah, it's too bad we couldn't have had a plentiful supply of both consoles to compare launches, it would've made for an interesting discussion methinks. We'll have to see how the PS3 does after launch though.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

Solid. It looks like 500k in Europe is pretty accurate estimate. This is just beginning. It means nothing if PS3 will not keep this positive pace. I have my fingers crossed.

wtf I thought that the ps3 launch was awful in UK?

kber81 said: Solid. It looks like 500k in Europe is pretty accurate estimate. This is just beginning. It means nothing if PS3 will not keep this positive pace. I have my fingers crossed.
I honestly think that 500k is a little bit low (estimation, I don't doubt that they could have hit 600k). But of course that depends of how well it sells in Germany and France. Sweden seems to have sold around 10k at least and we are only 9 million people here.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

That´s pretty good for Sony! But some sources say france and germany got 150k consoles each and in both countries at least 50k should still be sitting on shelves. SO 500k seems pretty reasonable to me. But really good for Sony they could keep their good image in UK at least. Maybe PS3 will be more sucesfull in europe than in the US who knows... only time can tell.

Around the Network

Taking a look at completed UK eBay auctions, seems the going price is about £380.00 right now.

kber81 said: Solid. It looks like 500k in Europe is pretty accurate estimate. This is just beginning. It means nothing if PS3 will not keep this positive pace. I have my fingers crossed.
Actually shouldn't the front page numbers be lowered? 20,000 sold in Australia (google it, I read the news report this morning) But where did the other 335,000 console sell? So far peeps on the forum have been saying that France and Germany sales flopped.. Sales are probably closer to 350k - 400k

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

For comparison didn't Nintendo sell 800,000 Wii's in Europe in 3 weeks (Dec 2006)? I believe that was after either 300,000 or 500,000 launch week... I suspect Sony would like to double it's launch sales within the month, but I think the price is too prohibitive... How many did Microsoft sell during the 360's first month in Europe?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

http://digg.com/gaming_news/165_000_PS3s_sold_in_the_UK_a_new_record

TheSource said: For comparison didn't Nintendo sell 800,000 Wii's in Europe in 3 weeks (Dec 2006)? I believe that was after either 300,000 or 500,000 launch week... I suspect Sony would like to double it's launch sales within the month, but I think the price is too prohibitive... How many did Microsoft sell during the 360's first month in Europe?
I wouldn't compare the PS3 to the Wii launch... Wii ran out of stock within hours. PS3 is still on the shelves.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)