By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - This site has far too much spyware.

Oh we're not going anywhere, eggs2see. We're just commenting on an issue we have. Of course, sending a PM to ioi or talonman would be the appropriate thing to do.

Around the Network

Spyware is like a tracking cookie isn't it? or am i wrong?

Either way, does the Ghostery add on for Firefox stop those things?... it says is is currently blocking 4 items, but then quite a lot of sites seem to have 1-4 of these things.

Anyhoo, I haven't had a Virus/Spyware warning or anything like that since back in Christmas 2007 when the website kept being attacked (it went down for about 2 days, and for 2 weeks after that I got virus warnings)

I experienced this yesterday, luckly, it triggered something in my IE that made it shutdownthe site.

computer freezes sometimes when im on this site....kind of worried

I have Firefox with the NoScript addon.

So it blocks all other scripts except for VGChartz, it blocks all the ads and stuff that could potentially harm your computer.
I love this addon.

Around the Network

It's the ads, you'd be surprised how much malware is hidden with ads. Firefox + Noscript = no problems.

dystopia said:
It's the ads, you'd be surprised how much malware is hidden with ads. Firefox + Noscript = no problems.

Yep :)

NoScript is a gift from god.

Smashed said:
dystopia said:

Yep :)

NoScript is a gift from god.

It certainly is, anyone not using Firefox + Noscript needs to make that change asap.

Heh, I remember using Google Chrome and right when I entered this site, I was redirected somewhere else warning me that vgchartz.com contained spyware. I shat myself.

I don't think I've ever gotten that problem.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.