By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - With PSN going to subscription fees ...

youre trying too hard...

Around the Network

is PSN going to subscription? if so bye bye online gaming

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Umm, since when is PSN going subscription fees?

darthdevidem01 said:
is PSN going to subscription? if so bye bye online gaming

We don't know. All we know is that Sony has stated to their shareholders I think it was that for next year they planned to increase PSN revenue through subscriptions.

It can be a flat fee to play psn games, a movie subscription ala netflix, gaming fee ala xbl gold... we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

still trying too hard

Around the Network

I think they stated online play will stay free but stuff like videos, music, early demos etc. will be subscription.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

We don't know. All we know is that Sony has stated to their shareholders I think it was that for next year they planned to increase PSN revenue through subscriptions.

It can be a flat fee to play psn games, a movie subscription ala netflix, gaming fee ala xbl gold... we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

See, this is where you're missing the point. When they state this, you apparently believe them. When they say that PSN as it is now will remain free, you pull up the "you're a tool for the company, stop believing PR", while basically it's clarification of what they said.

Whether it turns out true or not, is not the point. The point is that you are now dodging one statement and 'accepting' another, while incomplete.

Close and lock the thread for OP spreading a complete fabrication. PSN will remain free. Sony isn't stupid enough to add fees all of a sudden.

Well my opinion is that the OP title is misleading and that, with nothing concrete to discuss other than the knowledge that Sony is thinking of offering some subscription based services via its existing, free PSN service (something that, in defiance of the future tense of the title, it already does via Quore in the US), the topic is one of those hopeless ones based on a huge mound of opinions without the burden of any facts.

It is, to be blunt, pointless.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Wow.

Misleading title first off.

PSN isn't subscription based, and will never be. They said there will be premium features, but PSN will still be FREE.

I KNEW this threads were going to pop up sooner or later, people just need to learn how to read.

PSN IS NOT GOING TO SUBSCRIPTION FEES.

Is that clear enough?