By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Not EVERYTHING needs to be 3D! (Do you AGREE?!)

@Vetteman94

Explain how Vanillaware's games (Muramasa, Odin Sphere etc) would be better if they were 3D. I just can't see it, same goes with NSMBWii.

Around the Network

I agree 100%, look at pixel junk eden

mM
forest-spirit said:
@Vetteman94

Explain how Vanillaware's games (Muramasa, Odin Sphere etc) would be better if they were 3D. I just can't see it, same goes with NSMBWii.

U cant see it because it hasnt existed in any form....but in no way does it not mean it "cant " work or even end up better

Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
vetteman, you're confusing polygonal graphics with 3D. Little Big Planet is what's known as 2.5D, same as Super Mario Bros Wii.

As for improving, not always. Sprites use less resources, for one thing, so they improve performance (unless the game has loads of complex sprites).

No I believe you are the one who is confused.  Every model in LBP is rendered in full 3D, the perspective is what gives it the 2D feel, and the limitation of movement to only side to side and up and down. 

Allow me to speak for him (I hope you don't mind, Lord).

Vetteman, what he means is that you're confusing "has 3-D graphics" with "being a 3-D game". New Super Mario Bros Wii already has 3-D graphics, it's just played in 2-D. Like decent Sonic games.

And you didn't really answer any of my questions.

Your perspective on this question is kind of bizarre. When did you start console gaming?

I started gaming on an Atari 2600.   So what does that have to do with anything?

He was saying that NSMB Wii was like LBP in being 2.5D which was only given to LBP because of its limited movement in the 3rd dimension.  But everything else is in 3D,  which is what I would classify as a 3D game.  So While the movement is limited to only 2 directions I still believe LBP is a 3D game.   And if that is the same way that NSMB Wii is then fantastic.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
forest-spirit said:
@Vetteman94

U cant see it because it hasnt existed in any form....but in no way does it not mean it "cant " work or even end up better

Thank you, I know you werent directly defending me, but that is pretty much what i have been trying to say

Vetteman94 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Vetteman

how is LBP in 3D?

the core gameplay is played in a 2D way right?

I mean even NSMB Wii is semi 2D like LBP I think (???)

Everything that is made in LBP is 3D,  you just only see it from one perspective.  

As for the core game play part, technically yes since it is a side scroller, and you only have to directions you can move.  The mulitple planes they used was just a way to enhance the sidescroller feel. 

I dont know anything about NSMB Wii

How about Tetris? Better in 3D? And Minesweeper?

Chrizum said:
Vetteman94 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Vetteman

how is LBP in 3D?

the core gameplay is played in a 2D way right?

I mean even NSMB Wii is semi 2D like LBP I think (???)

Everything that is made in LBP is 3D,  you just only see it from one perspective.  

As for the core game play part, technically yes since it is a side scroller, and you only have to directions you can move.  The mulitple planes they used was just a way to enhance the sidescroller feel. 

I dont know anything about NSMB Wii

How about Tetris? Better in 3D? And Minesweeper?

If done correctly, absolutely they would be better

Sweet Jiminy Christmas

Okay I'm done

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gaming should be, 75% 2D, and 25% 3D

Loving it