By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Not EVERYTHING needs to be 3D! (Do you AGREE?!)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Well I disagree, but thats MY OPINION.

Also LBP is in 3D, its just a Sidescroller

So you're saying you see no advantages to beign in 2D, and that every game could be improved by being made 3-D?

Yes, thats exactly what I am saying

*Looks at Sonic 3D games*

I cant help it that they suck as developers and ruined their own franchise.

Around the Network

Yes, I absolutely agree. I actually prefer 2d games, and am really happy that it's making a return this gen. But I like 3d games too, so I think from now on 2d and 3d will live together side by side, and some games might be a bit of both, like SMG and from what I heard Epic Mickey.

Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:

So you're saying you see no advantages to beign in 2D, and that every game could be improved by being made 3-D?

So, say.... New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Better in 3D?

Or Kirby Superstar?

Or Super Metroid?

Or Sonic?

I know nothing of NSMB Wii, but I imagine that it would be a better game if it was in 3D, like SMG is.

It wouldn't be NSMB if it wasn't 2D, and I think its a better game than Galaxy, more fun

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Vetteman94 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:

Part of the reason it sucked is that the basics of Sonic, don't translate into 3D well

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

LordTheNightKnight said:
vetteman, you're confusing polygonal graphics with 3D. Little Big Planet is what's known as 2.5D, same as Super Mario Bros Wii.

As for improving, not always. Sprites use less resources, for one thing, so they improve performance (unless the game has loads of complex sprites).

No I believe you are the one who is confused.  Every model in LBP is rendered in full 3D, the perspective is what gives it the 2D feel, and the limitation of movement to only side to side and up and down. 

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:

So, say.... New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Better in 3D?

Or Kirby Superstar?

Or Super Metroid?

Or Sonic?

I know nothing of NSMB Wii, but I imagine that it would be a better game if it was in 3D, like SMG is.

It wouldn't be NSMB if it wasn't 2D, and I think its a better game than Galaxy, more fun

Thats cool, I just dont agree with you about the fun part

Vetteman94 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
vetteman, you're confusing polygonal graphics with 3D. Little Big Planet is what's known as 2.5D, same as Super Mario Bros Wii.

As for improving, not always. Sprites use less resources, for one thing, so they improve performance (unless the game has loads of complex sprites).

No I believe you are the one who is confused.  Every model in LBP is rendered in full 3D, the perspective is what gives it the 2D feel, and the limitation of movement to only side to side and up and down. 

Allow me to speak for him (I hope you don't mind, Lord).

Vetteman, what he means is that you're confusing "has 3-D graphics" with "being a 3-D game". New Super Mario Bros Wii already has 3-D graphics, it's just played in 2-D. Like decent Sonic games.

And you didn't really answer any of my questions.

Your perspective on this question is kind of bizarre. When did you start console gaming?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:

Part of the reason it sucked is that the basics of Sonic, don't translate into 3D well

It worked well for Mario

forest-spirit said:
He's damn right! I hope this means we will see more 2D goodness from Nintendo in the future!
Donkey Kong Country Wii anyone?

OMGGGGGGGGG

PLEASEEEEE NINTENDOOOOOO!

______

another thing

SEGA is doing this too with Sonic!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:

Thats not true...SONIC could very well work in 3D, and its already been proven. SEGA just doesn't take time to optimize the game and it results in bug/Glitch and bad level design choices...then add the comestics( voices, Story, too many characters ext) and bad outweighs the good