By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm getting back into games - need advice

Onyxmeth said:
Kantor said:
Who the hell wouldn't remember YOU?

Some people in this thread can't even remember that Rocketpig asked for only 360 games, and they read that 60 seconds earlier. What makes you think they'd remember a drunken pig that hasn't posted in months?

I'd go for MW2 Pig. It's a very hate it or love it game, so it could potentially hit either of your two needs.

Don't confuse "bad memory" with "inability to read the OP". The latter is a lot more prevalent.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Earth Defense Force 2017.

I'm not sure if you'll hate it or love it, but you'll do one of those, and it's good and cheap.

Brutal Legend is an easy game for your requirements. It is generally considered good but also has alot of fairly obvious faults.

Here are some good ones released in the past year you may enjoy:

Modern Warfare 2
Street Fighter IV
Forza Motorsports 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Shadow Complex (XBLA. IF YOU LIKED SUPER METROID BUY THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!)
Trials HD (XBLA)
Dragon Age: Origins
Blaz Blue: Calamity Trigger
Resident Evil 5
'Splosion Man (XBLA)
Borderlands
Halo 3: ODST
Worms 2 (XBLA)
Battlefield 1943 (XBLA)
Halo Wars
Sacred 2

Lots of good games in the past year. You missed a bit, but the best is yet to come with Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction and 50 other good X360 games coming out between January and May next year.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Dragon Age Origins might be a good choice. I remember fondly your tirades against modern WRPGs, and I'm curious to see how this one would go down. Suffice to say I've not played the game myself, but I always thought it seemed silly what with how BioWare was hyping it as "mature", yet the maturity appeared to consist of nothing more than an immature propensity towards sex and violence - and I trust you know just how shallow and vapid BioWare's treatment of that particular subject matter has been in the past.

Around the Network

DAO seems to be the nerds fantasy for WRPGs since its being favorably compared to Baldur's Gate 2 by the nerds over at GAF.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

halo 3 odst, halo wars, forza 3

Fallout 3 game of the years (with all the DLC)

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Hmm, I think I'll start with MW2 then. I really enjoyed the first one so, while I'm sure parts of the game will irritate me, I'll probably enjoy the game overall.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Helios said:

Dragon Age Origins might be a good choice. I remember fondly your tirades against modern WRPGs, and I'm curious to see how this one would go down. Suffice to say I've not played the game myself, but I always thought it seemed silly what with how BioWare was hyping it as "mature", yet the maturity appeared to consist of nothing more than an immature propensity towards sex and violence - and I trust you know just how shallow and vapid BioWare's treatment of that particular subject matter has been in the past.

BioWare handles sexuality very well. After all, they had teh lezbians in ME!

I'll definitely put that on my list, though I'm a pretty big BioWare fan. I usually try to ignore their faults and focus on the good parts of their games, which are usually pretty substantial.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/