By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Mass Effect!

Thats right everyone, Nintendo has attracted the attention of gamers everywhere. Including the Catholic church. Nintendo's latest exclusive is Mass:We Pray from Prayer Works Interactive and the game is already availible for pre-order. When I first saw the trailer I thought it was a joke, but upon further investigation it turns out to be a legit game.

So what exactly do you do in the game? Do you fight Goliath collect all the animals to put on the Ark or maybe you have to hide from Roman Centurians while conducting prayers?Nope none of those interesting things that a Catholic developer can put in. No instead Prayer Works Interactive has created a ritual based virtual Mass. The idea of the game being children and family members can conduct Mass ceremonies from their own homes, they can carry out the numerous rituals of the Catholic church and become on step closer to God.

The game comes with two controllers, a crucifix and a prayer stool. Now I'm a protestant not a Catholic so I don't actually understand what they are doing in the trailer. I am clueless to the ritual based games, but I do know one thing, I'm definatly not going to find out playing this game. Sure I am glad to see a Christian (Catholic) game hit the market but honestly did it have to be a ritual based game from a denomination I don't believe in.

So it would appear Nintendo's Blue Ocean Strategy has litterily had a Mass effect. Enjoy praying with expensive accessories next Spring, with Mass:We Pray on the Wii!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

So, this is REAL?

OH MY.

Well it's probably better then Super Noah's ark 3D...right?

Lastgengamer said:

Don't think so.

ROFLMAO!!!! I AM DYING HERE!!!!! ONLY ON THE WII!! LMAO!!

Around the Network
Xen said:
Lastgengamer said:

Don't think so.

Oh noes!

Shovelware Entertainment Inc.

Lastgengamer said:
Xen said:
Lastgengamer said:

Don't think so.

Oh noes!

Check out the trailer. The whole game is about performing Mass ceremonies. It's a mini-game based title with mini-games like Baptism and Marriage with other games like "Hail Mary". Honestly if a catholic wanted to go to Mass wouldn't they just go to their local church and do mass? At least Noah's Ark 3D was a game and playable (Not that fun) but playable none the less, and the Bible games on the NES were far more entertaining then simply conducting Mass!

I thought it was a joke untill I looked it up and went on the official website and stuff. Seriously a game about Mass? I've never been to a mass, never intend to go to a mass and will definatly not be playing Mass!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Next to come is 'Wii Islam' !! LMAOROFL! I AM DYING!!

Wow! There's a website for it and everything! OMGosh!