By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (11/9 – 11/15) -- FF:TCB Is 7th!!

outlawauron said:
Kenology said:
outlawauron said:
Things aren't looking so great. I hope Crystal Bearers can pick it up.

It's a wrap in Japan.  But like I said in another thread, the West will save it.

I hope. Square has spent too much with this one for people to ignore it.

Action Adventure games like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers still sell very well in the west. But they've never done really well in Japan. If Square really wants the Crystal Chronicle series to take off in Japan then  they will have to turn the series into an RPG.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network
Kenology said:
darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:
Kenology said:
outlawauron said:

It's a wrap in Japan.  But like I said in another thread, the West will save it.

it releases on 26th December in USA

I'm sorry but I don't think the west can "save" this game

You don't think it'll do decent numbers in the West?

I just think 26th December isn't the "day" to release it

lets see though

Its not just about the date, its about interest too....is there really interest in this game in the west....we have no proof of that, we have no proof of that its top notch quality either (Famitsu wasn't overwhelmingly positive about it)

Thats why I'll say that I don't think the west will "save" it, that way I will be less likely to get disappointed by its sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Kenology said:
darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:
Kenology said:
outlawauron said:

it releases on 26th December in USA

I'm sorry but I don't think the west can "save" this game

You don't think it'll do decent numbers in the West?

I just think 26th December isn't the "day" to release it

lets see though

Its not just about the date, its about interest too....is there really interest in this game in the west....we have no proof of that, we have no proof of that its top notch quality either (Famitsu wasn't overwhelmingly positive about it)

Thats why I'll say that I don't think the west will "save" it, that way I will be less likely to get disappointed by its sales

Famitsu isn't really a good indication of quality. There is no reason to believe there isn't interest in the west as well. From what has been said on this board , the 26th of December is the second most popular sales day of the year, only topped by black friday. The game doesn't need to be saved, the sales are pretty poor, but not poor enough to kill the game.

looks like we won't be getting h/w until media-create tomorrow. alas.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

@final Evangelion

WHYYYYY

do they not release it if its after 8PM in UK?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

And i still bet FF13 outsells MH3. On a much lower userbase too.

By the end of this gen, the top 3 best selling 3rd party games will look like this...

1. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
  2. Dragon Quest X (Wii)
  3. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP)

i believe it will be more like this:

1. MHP2+MHP2G (PSP)

2. MHP3+MHP3G (PSP)

3. DQIX (DS)

4. DQX (Wii)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

wenlan said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

By the end of this gen, the top 3 best selling 3rd party games will look like this...

1. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
  2. Dragon Quest X (Wii)

1. MHP2+MHP2G (PSP)

2. MHP3+MHP3G (PSP)

3. DQIX (DS)

4. DQX (Wii)

Aren´t MHP2 and MHP2G two different games?  At least Famitsu and Media Create counts them as such. I could see MHP2G being on top though by itself with the legs it having thanks to the best price release and the fact that it´s bundled with the PSP hardware.

I read in Wikipedia that the Black Friday is not as big as most people think. In terms of turnover it ranges somewhere around 4-5 place.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/thanksgiving/shopping.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

wenlan said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

1. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
  2. Dragon Quest X (Wii)

1. MHP2+MHP2G (PSP)

2. MHP3+MHP3G (PSP)

3. DQIX (DS)

4. DQX (Wii)

I think DQIX has a good chance of outselling MHP2+MHP2G. I do NOT think there will be a MHP3G before the release of the next successor of handhelds, though an MHP3 is pretty much confirmed. So here is mine.

1 and 2  MHP2+ MHP2G or DQIX

3 DQX

4 MHP3

i see FFCC selling at max 150 k in the USA.. still a bomb