By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (11/9 – 11/15) -- FF:TCB Is 7th!!

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

And i still bet FF13 outsells MH3. On a much lower userbase too.

By the end of this gen, the top 3 best selling 3rd party games will look like this...

1. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
  2. Dragon Quest X (Wii)
  3. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP)

I was talking combined.  MH3+MHP3 against FFXIII+Vs

So?

I still bet FF13 will outsell MH3. Infact... I also think FFv13 will outsell MH3.

FFXIII will definitely outsell MH3.  Probably 1st week, I don't think that was ever really in contest.

Versus though, that's a bet I'll take you up on.  I think it'll do about 850k.

I also expect DQX will outsell FFXIII by nearly 2 to 1.  And on a userbase that shuns 3rd party games no less. ;)

Around the Network

In Japan, no FF is going to outsell a Handheld Monster Hunter.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

The Xbox Man said:
PS3 is doing well but Xbox 360 deserves to do well, i feel bad not seeing any games for it in the top 10, when will this change?

Don't hold your breath is my advice.  MS did put in lot's of effort, but the brand is simply weak in Japan, RROD would have hurt a lot initially I'm sure, and with jRPGs now hitting PS3 there is little room for MS to try anything else.

Look at it another way, Sony has pushed FPS, online for free and lot's of similar stuff to try and get into the MS dominated online / shooter market in US, and hasn't really got that far either, so in the end each has a region where they've probably sold below the results their efforts deserve, and are both roughly equal in Others... which means, now that I think about it, that us folks in Others are really the fair, even minded folk and the US/Japan must be full of biased folk!  Or maybe I'm talking rubbish.

Off topic - since when were you so reasonable?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ZorroX said:
What are reasons for Final Fantasy XIII Versus not to sell 1M+ LTD in Japan?
The game is from Kingdom Hearts creator and has Final Fantasy in it`s name.

Only KH2 sold over a million in Japan, and just barely.  Crisis Core didn't though, and that was a prequel for the most popular FF ever and on a far more popular platform than Versus.

1m isn't impossible imo, but I'd expect numbers more in line with Crisis Core.

I hope Square-Enix will learn from that...

They have been trying to be successful with the Wii and the 360 (and they kind of failed) but the RPG market is either on DS/PSP or on PS3 if we are talking about consoles.

Around the Network

Kind of lackluster sales this week.

The positive: J-Leauge on PSP does well I would say, Mario and Sonic for Wii seems to go up from last week=legs, the mega DS games still going strong (Inazuma Eleven 2 to become millionseller ?)

The negative: FFcc flops on Wii, Dragon Ball for PS3 kind of weak, PSPgo horrible sales down from last week 15k to a minimal 6,6k this week.

Boutros said:

They have been trying to be successful with the Wii and the 360 (and they kind of failed) but the RPG market is either on DS/PSP or on PS3 if we are talking about consoles.

What?

sc94597 said:
Boutros said:

What?

What what?

What's wrong?

I don't see.

Anyway, the RPG audience is on PS3.

Boutros said:
sc94597 said:
Boutros said:

What?

What what?

What's wrong?

I don't see.

Except for the lack of factual support to back up your point that the PS3 sells RPGs that is.

sc94597 said:
Boutros said:
sc94597 said:
Boutros said:

What?

What what?

What's wrong?

I don't see.

Except for the lack of factual support to back up your point that the PS3 sells RPGs that is.

Should I bring Tales of Vesperia numbers?