3. Killzone 2

4. Forza Motorsport 3

5. Gears Of War 2

6. Banjo Kazooie N&B

7. Metal Gear Solid 4

8. Fable 2

9. Uncharted 1

10. Mass Effect

I was going to argue with you when I saw how high you put Modern Warfare 2.

Then i saw that you rated Banjo Kazooie higher than MGS4 and I knew you were only kidding.

Do you enjoying picking on someones opinion? I couldn't care less what you think. To me Banjo Kazooie looked better. It's textures, it's colours, it's design. Dont give a rats arse if it was a lower res or had less shooting. I prefered it's graphics and think Rare deserve the recognition of the graphics in it. ( Even if the game was average at best ). Yout opinion is your opinion. Mine is mine. IMO a move for art is better than a move for 1080p. visually 1080p does not do as much to what it looks like on the screen as good lighting and vibrant colours for instance. So My list is my opinion. And I wont change it because poor old MGS4 didnt impress me like it did the fanboys of the series.

You know that MGS4 won pretty much every graphics GOTY award right?

Around the Network

1. Uncharted 2

2. Killzone 2

3. MGS4

After that it gets kinda hard to decipher, they're all pretty close. The top 3 is pretty definitive, MGS4 could switch with KZ2 I guess though.

AE101 said:
selnor said:
perpride said:
selnor said:
So far for games that are out:

1. Uncharted 2

2. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

3. Killzone 2

4. Forza Motorsport 3

5. Gears Of War 2

6. Banjo Kazooie N&B

7. Metal Gear Solid 4

8. Fable 2

9. Uncharted 1

10. Mass Effect

Then i saw that you rated Banjo Kazooie higher than MGS4 and I knew you were only kidding.

Do you enjoying picking on someones opinion? I couldn't care less what you think. To me Banjo Kazooie looked better. It's textures, it's colours, it's design. Dont give a rats arse if it was a lower res or had less shooting. I prefered it's graphics and think Rare deserve the recognition of the graphics in it. ( Even if the game was average at best ). Yout opinion is your opinion. Mine is mine. IMO a move for art is better than a move for 1080p. visually 1080p does not do as much to what it looks like on the screen as good lighting and vibrant colours for instance. So My list is my opinion. And I wont change it because poor old MGS4 didnt impress me like it did the fanboys of the series.

You know that MGS4 won pretty much every graphics GOTY award right?

Well as I remeber it won some yes. But so did quite a few other games. Do you really want me to agree with SPIKE TV? Like I said I dont care. The OP clearly says what is your opinion. Not what is a few media publications opinions that make your list look right. Get over it. I obviously liked it, it's in my list. I just thought other games looked better. Wow Just Wow. Do you have Black PS3 blood? ;)

selnor said:
perpride said:
selnor said:

1. Uncharted 2

3. Killzone 2

4. Forza Motorsport 3

5. Gears Of War 2

6. Banjo Kazooie N&B

7. Metal Gear Solid 4

8. Fable 2

9. Uncharted 1

10. Mass Effect

I am not picking on your opinion. I would like to believe you. But out of the 10 games you listed, 6 or 7 of them are shooters. So I don't see how being a shooter has anything to do with what we are talking about.

If you really did like the art direction in Banjo, so be it. From a technical standpoint, however, MGS4 obliterates it. Even from an artistic prespective I would say it was superior to that game in every single way. But like you said at that point it boils down to opinnion I'm sorry if I offended you my friend.

But can you answer a question? Have you ever actually played MGS4?

@Selnor

Um...What?

IGN, Gamespot, PALGN, PCWORLD, 1UP, Giant bomb and even VGchartz all gave MGS4 best graphics of the year.

I suppose those sites don't meet your standards though. Somehow I doubt I'm even going to get a response to this post.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 3 still dazzles me.

There are games that are much better at simulating realism but none better at representing an environment that is truly alien. I honestly can't wait to see what these guys do with the next gen hardware because they are masters of both the technical and artistic.

perpride said:
selnor said:
perpride said:
selnor said:

1. Uncharted 2

3. Killzone 2

4. Forza Motorsport 3

5. Gears Of War 2

6. Banjo Kazooie N&B

7. Metal Gear Solid 4

8. Fable 2

9. Uncharted 1

10. Mass Effect

I am not picking on your opinion. I would like to believe you. But out of the 10 games you listed, 6 or 7 of them are shooters. So I don't see how being a shooter has anything to do with what we are talking about.

If you really did like the art direction in Banjo, so be it. From a technical standpoint, however, MGS4 obliterates it. Even from an artistic prespective I would say it was superior to that game in every single way. But like you said at that point it boils down to opinnion I'm sorry if I offended you my friend.

But can you answer a question? Have you ever actually played MGS4?

I'm sorry to snap. My opinions have had alot of aggro lately. Just because mine dont conform with those on this site currently. I thought it was more attacks. To me graphics are art in computation form. Some of the best art on paper is simple. And far better than alot of more complicated art on paper. I view Graphics the same. MW2 for me was awesome. Part of the art was achieving so many explosions and people on screen all at once. It felt gritty and like a BIG war scene. That is only beaten by Uncharted 2's amazing ability to confuse you into thinking your playing a movie. Amazing stuff. Art should not be about looking like excact reality ( not accusing you of this, just alot of media ). For the rest of life in games noone will ever crown a cartoon game Graphics of the year ever again. Thats sad, because reality shouldnt be the goal in art. Art is almost a presentation as a whole. Including music and story. But thats another level. I love the art of the graphics. If it's used great tech and pushed the hardware then great. If it hasnt but done a better job it's aimed for then even better.

Inanswer to MGS4, Ive not yet finished. My mate said I have about 4 hours left. So looking to finish it on My Xmas Ps3.

I really love the fact that quite a few people start to realise graphics are not only the number of pixels or animations. The style of the graphics have to suit the game you play. And I can't believe it, I have to support selnor for having Banjo Kazooie on that list!

The style is just PERFECT for a platformer.

And for me: Fable II

Just like LBP graphics were great for what kind of game it was!

or inFamous!

That is one of the reasons I am soooo looking forward to Alan Wake. The graphis are perfect for this horror-scenario

--> Graphics should support the gameplay. If this is the case, the graphics are good. IMO This is what pushed Zelda OoT to my no. 1 game (with Shen mue)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

A lot of great looking games came out in recet years - Crysis, Uncharted (1 and 2), Gears (1 and 2), Resident Evil 5, Devil may cry 4, Assassins Creed, COD4 and quite a few more.

No.1 in my book is MGS4 though.

I dunno if "graphics" refers exclusively to textures & shaders, but the cinematography, mo cap coregraphy and overall scene composition and direction in MGS4 is light years ahead of everything in the medium.

If we're talking shiny textures and amount of shaders than Uncharted and Gears are among the best, with Crysis beeing on top.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

AE101 said:

@Selnor

Um...What?

IGN, Gamespot, PALGN, PCWORLD, 1UP, Giant bomb and even VGchartz all gave MGS4 best graphics of the year.

I suppose those sites don't meet your standards though. Somehow I doubt I'm even going to get a response to this post.

You have killed this thread with what you say here. OP asked for my opinion. What does 7 websites have to do with my opinion. These words you write are exactly hats wrong with the post.