By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 has outsold 360 by 1.5 million since the price cut/slim combo

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
why do people bring financials into it? that shit has nothing to do with us, leave it to sony! its thier business.

And yet somehow the system wars sale gap IS our business? I believe that still falls to the companies, if anyone. Stop the counterspin.

Around the Network

sony has done a great job with their recent actions.

but, microsoft still has room to turn back the tide.

its anyone's game, and it looks like it will be until at least the end of 2010...

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Well, if MS feel threatened by Sony, they would have dropped the price already, look what happened in Walmart few days ago...

I don't think even with slim PS3 is on the better side...
I'm pretty sure xbox is going to win this gen (compare to sony)

Xbawts

Just give up please, let Sony Domination take effect, you were doomed from 2002 when you first entered the console race.

Wii doesnt count, because there not hardcore, oh and when we get our PS mote, they still wont count.

PWNED BIATCHES!

lawlz, this thread is stupid.

evilfeilong said:

bro sony broke even in 2008 with ps3 & 2009 was the first year sony has turned a profit with ps3 so i don't know where your getting your information because it's incorrect.

Actually you are the one that needs to check your information. The PS3 has never broke even. This past qtr the division lost $600Million.  Yes the division contains product other than the PS3 like the profitable PS2 and PSP.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
why do people bring financials into it? that shit has nothing to do with us, leave it to sony! its thier business.

I agree that this discussion is focused on the sales but it is very hard to look at it in isolation.  If MS's only concern was sales versus the PS3, then they could just drop the price of the Xbox to $99.  It would gain them sales and market share but it's not a good business decision because it would cost them alot of money.

Both companies are constantly striving for a balance between sales and profitabilty/minimising losses, so inevitably if one is leading sales it's because the other is erring or attempting to err on the side of profitability.

Garnett said:

Xbawts

Just give up please, let Sony Domination take effect, you were doomed from 2002 when you first entered the console race.

Wii doesnt count, because there not hardcore, oh and when we get our PS mote, they still wont count.

PWNED BIATCHES!

lawlz, this thread is stupid.

Why do we have to be DOOOMED? ;_;

Tease.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

according to vgchartz, i didnt realise until i just checked the charts. thats very good for ps3. how much more from now till the end of the year? i say another 1.5 million. next week is probably the last week where 360 will be quite close to ps3. after that ps3 will be flying way ahead.

So what does this mean?  How do you benefit from this?  I guess if this happens Microsoft is gonna stop making consoles.  Oh no!!!!! 

I love keeping up with game sales and statistics, but VG Chartz can be so annoying with all the Sony fanboys.  Come up with an intelligent thread next time man, cause Sony fanboys are a dime-a-dozen 'round this site.

dhummel said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

And yet somehow the system wars sale gap IS our business? I believe that still falls to the companies, if anyone. Stop the counterspin.

This comment was full of win. It probably won't get a response either.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
dhummel said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

This comment was full of win. It probably won't get a response either.

K, I'll bite:

Even if you think both are our business, that doesn't change the fact that within a given thread, changing the subject from one to the other at whim is often just damage control. 

If you start a quarterly profits/losses informational thread and I come in and say, but but PS3 is crushing in sales, well, that's just a different subject, isn't it? 

Of course, I could counter with all-time profits and losses in the gaming industry (a realm where Sony crushes MS and Nintendo crushes Sony) against the quarterly profits and losses, but that would only be warranted if the quarterly profits/losses were used in a fanboy attempt to say that quarterly profits means 360 is better than PS3 or something.  I don't know how anyone thinks that's true, but hey, it happens.