By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What was wrong about killzone 2?

kjj4t9rdad said:
chubaca said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Killzone 2. Just because the controls are not casual friendly like CoD doesn't mean there is something wrong with them.

To whoever was complaining about people calling the Helghast red eyes, when their eyes are orange. Orange is nothing but a shade of red.

What??????

Red is a primary color, orange is not.  If you add a little yellow (another primary color) to red you get orange.  So orange is a shade of red or a shade of yellow depending on whether there is more red or more yellow. 

That's not a shade, my friend. At most shade is a combination of the color and black. And it doesn't even have to be a primary color.

But wathever, wayyyyy off topic :P

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
Simply put : it's not fun.

It is quite a bit of fun online once you get used to it

Apparently, Call of Duty and Halo are more likely to be thought to be fun out of the box.  Getting used to something is not a formula for mass adoption.

I didnt like the torrent guns and some of the other online perks, Which now MW2 also has which is stupid. But aside from that i think the game was near perfect. has a much better clan and friend system then MW2 imo

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

TheThunder said:
You hit the final rank online way to fast. I did it in under a week I think and I only player for 2-3 hours at that time, but there isn't something "wrong" with KZ2 I put a good 80 hours in the MP sure the story sucks but I didn't buy it for that.

i really like kz2 but i have to agree with this critique...if you are going to have a ranking system like that it should take a more then a night or two of play to max things out.

Little in my view. I had no issue with the controls, they were simply different and you either got them or you didn't, like any other game.

I felt the main issues were with the SP Campaign, specifically I felt:

1 - it was a little too short, not so much in terms of missions, but in terms of where they took you - i.e. the story converyed felt a little rushed and incomplete

2 - it veered a little too much in tone, from a more somber, gritter combat tone to the usual hunks exchanging tough talk stuff. Personally, with so much of the latter I'd have preferred it to be more consistently focused on the former

3 - the writing was variable as was the focus on character development

The MP I really like and I felt they got it just right. I also think KZ2 received too little praise for actually having 'bots and decent ones at that.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

-Rico
-I couldn't really get into the online like I did with CoD4. Matches went on far too long, enemies were too bullet-resistant, objectives were extremely difficult to understand.

I still like the game, though. Very much.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Nothing really wrong, but different. Unlike many it's very much a games console orientated FPS (optimised for games controller).

With regard to sales. Well, Killzone 1 did not live up to its hype it seems (haven't played it, so I can't say for sure). Thus many people (read many 360 fanboys ) insisted on Killzone 2 not being able to meet expectations before launch. Thus when released many of those tried to pick the game apart for any minor flaw they could find, often neglecting the stuff it did amazingly well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

The controls/aiming is extremely broken.

The biggest problem I had with it, was the super short campaign mode. I waited close to 5 years for this game and the story was terrible.

The online is extremely fun and I love it, but I didn't get the first one for online and I wanted to see what happened story wise.

I loved the game. It was plays super well. It was not very innovative though, but it did everything very well. The highlight of the game for me was the mech level and after that. I was super stoked on the last few levels