By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What was wrong about killzone 2?

richardhutnik said:
WheelStriker said:

What was wrong with killzone 2 compared to other successful first person shooters?

Please no short comments like "story sucks", "halo is better" or any of sorts.

What do you mean wrong?  It did what it was supposed to do, and is one of the best FPS's for the PS3.  The controls are a preference thing, but beyond that, it is good.  It has bots to.  If one is expecting it to be a Halo Killer, they are going to be disappointed.  As far as being a Modern Warfare (Call of Duty) killer, it isn't multiplatform.

What was "wrong" with Killzone 2 is the hype behind it, that somehow it was supposed to be a game changer.  When you make something out to be a game changer, and it isn't, then you are aksing for problems.

However, you want some nits, here are a few:

1. No split-screen multiplayer (did they add this?).

2. Helghan is not a pretty place, and doesn't have much in variety as far as environment goes.

^^This. It wasn't a Halo killer, because the mythical Halo killer I don't think exists, because it has it's niche and following and the only thing that could kill Halo would be a bad Halo game. When something is pumped up like that and doesn't deliver, it is going to get trashed by a lot of gamers.

I don't care about his #1 reason, but I agree wholeheartedly with #2. The Killzone 2 engine is fantastic, but was absolutely wasted on the art-style of this game. You don't have  to have a color saturated game like Halo to look good, but a few different environments and some more colors would have made this the best looking game ever. That (and the subtle animations) is what makes Uncharted 2 so damn good looking.

The biggest problem I have with Killzone 2 is the fans. They get the whole PC gamer complex, where if you don't get it or like it you're a noob and don't understand gaming. I've personally been gaming for 27 years, probably since before a lot of KZ2 fans were born, but if it makes you feel better to think that you are a better gamer because you like Killzone, good for you.

Around the Network

The 2 main problems with KZ2 were

1. Rico
2. The got rid of secondary fire, WTF!

richardhutnik said:
NKAJ said:
nothing s wrong with killzone 2 ,ITS FUCKING AWESOME!

Ok, let me add one here.  I believe it is a TAD wrong that people who like Killzone 2 happened to have the enemy side as the avatars they post.  Really people, the Helghast are supposed to be the BAD GUYS.

And those are ORANGE EYES I see, but I am told they are red, and I am NOT color blind.  So, there you have it, idolizing the wrong side, and getting colors labelled wrong, making you think you might be colorblind when you aren't.

The Helghast were driven of the planet Vekta like the Palestinians from Palestine.

Sure, call them terrorists. But it's the "good" people that made them who they are.

Besides that the Helghast are just bad ass.

I'm not starting anything about colors :p

richardhutnik said:
NKAJ said:

Ok, let me add one here.  I believe it is a TAD wrong that people who like Killzone 2 happened to have the enemy side as the avatars they post.  Really people, the Helghast are supposed to be the BAD GUYS.

And those are ORANGE EYES I see, but I am told they are red, and I am NOT color blind.  So, there you have it, idolizing the wrong side, and getting colors labelled wrong, making you think you might be colorblind when you aren't.

There actually not bad. They're more like rebells. They're laws and how they enforce them may seem evil though. Like the death sentence for a uniform violation.

4 ≈ One

There's really not that much wrong with KZ2 . You have to understand that COD is a more popular game and games like Halo and GeOW are on the X360 which is known mainly for "shooting games".

KZ2 sold 2 million on the ps3 which is a console not known mainly for shooters and that is a tremendous success.

Around the Network

On the other hand ,I'ld tell you what I didnt like about it (no game is perfect).
The characters feel oversized and move like tanks, some maps are too small to fir 32 players on,
search and destroy/ protect got 16 vs 16 fighting all in one spot. But apart from these things I mentioned, It is an awesome game.

richardhutnik said:
NKAJ said:

No the enemy side are the cooler people and their not neccacerily all that bad...if you read the whle storyline hting thie ISA arnt exactly heroes either....but nayway whpo cares if their the bad guys,if you can show me a cooler picture of osme race/enemy i wll bow down...i mean just look at them! yeah in my profile pic they do look orange...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

1. Bad Story
2. Horrible colors
3. More complicated controls then were needed(People like to keep it simple)
4. No splitscreen co-op
5. No splitscreen multiplayer
6. Too much profanity
7. PSN
8. Pistol and punching are to overpowered

^^^ The pistol's really weak. The Revolver on the other hand

What colors? D= You mean gray, orange, black and blue with some green thrown in? I like those colors! D=

4 ≈ One

Beyond the incredible atmosphere, it just wasn't really a good game, more average at best. There are other much better games in every aspect except atmosphere and just really wasn't anything special.

The only thing new it tried to do was the cover which the best you can say is it worked most of the time.

Oh, and it's funny how they tried to make you feel for the characters in the huge overly dramatic moments but you really couldn't care less about them.