By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What was wrong about killzone 2?

I liked it, i wish there had been splitscreen both for campaign and offline playing vs bots with a friend. There was in Killzone.

I guess you just don't jump high enough, people like Halo because you can jump really, really high.

Around the Network

Nothing. PS3 owners just dont buy games that quick.

aragod said:
nen-suer said:
Not noob friendly ^_^

Actualy it is. I've never played FPS on console before and I've got into KZ2 asap, that kind of slow and heavy gameplay suits that perfectly.

On the other hand I'm PC FPS god. Hell yeah

You have css? If you do i think i can get somone to at least give you a challenge.

Nothing. It was the first and only FPS which captured my interest.

Were their massive adjustments to Killzone's sales? Last I checked it was at 2+ million. That's still considered a success, right?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:
Characters vere very boring and uninteresting.Also I was expecting more from Helghast as a "alien".

I havent played the game but I m pretty sure, from videos, I can see where the problems were :

not enought WOW moment (a la CoD)

too often "just another FPS"

not enought original weapon (it is future I mean !)

not enought alien enemy (always the same soldier ...)

Time to Work !

KylieDog said:
Simulacrum said:
I think in some scene where Helghast first spoke, they went going "Yea fuck that" or anything alike..I was so dissapointed.

"I shit you not"  ???

oh my god !

how can they put those words on their mouth ?

Time to Work !

WheelStriker said:

What was wrong with killzone 2 compared to other successful first person shooters?

Please no short comments like "story sucks", "halo is better" or any of sorts.

What do you mean wrong?  It did what it was supposed to do, and is one of the best FPS's for the PS3.  The controls are a preference thing, but beyond that, it is good.  It has bots to.  If one is expecting it to be a Halo Killer, they are going to be disappointed.  As far as being a Modern Warfare (Call of Duty) killer, it isn't multiplatform.

What was "wrong" with Killzone 2 is the hype behind it, that somehow it was supposed to be a game changer.  When you make something out to be a game changer, and it isn't, then you are aksing for problems.

However, you want some nits, here are a few:

1. No split-screen multiplayer (did they add this?).

2. Helghan is not a pretty place, and doesn't have much in variety as far as environment goes.

3. As mentioned above, lack of auto-aim assist.

nothing s wrong with killzone 2 ,ITS FUCKING AWESOME!

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

NKAJ said:
nothing s wrong with killzone 2 ,ITS FUCKING AWESOME!

Ok, let me add one here.  I believe it is a TAD wrong that people who like Killzone 2 happened to have the enemy side as the avatars they post.  Really people, the Helghast are supposed to be the BAD GUYS.

And those are ORANGE EYES I see, but I am told they are red, and I am NOT color blind.  So, there you have it, idolizing the wrong side, and getting colors labelled wrong, making you think you might be colorblind when you aren't.