By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site now running REAL fast!

Looks great so far. Let's submit something to digg and see how well it really handles. =P

Around the Network

Sunday afternoon about 11:20 central time... Completely unable to get on... It timed out repeatedly. I could ping the address and got about a 160MS average response time but the site itself timed out completely...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I agree the site is moving MUCH faster. And its nice to be able to browse normally instead of planning ahead by always opening the next thread I want to read before I start on the current one etc...

All in all things went pretty well in the move, I have seen other websites go down for 72 hours straight for similar change overs so not too shabby indeed.

To Each Man, Responsibility

ioi, had problems but now everything is running great. Thanks a lot.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Fantastic, I'm glad to hear things seem to be working well for everyone now!

Around the Network

No problems for me, glad it is all working ok!

Woooohooooo, been away for few days and didn't notice the problems you guys had, but know the site is loading 3 times faster that before... Good work chaps!!!

I probably feel it the most since I'm connected with an old ISDN line (No sign of xDSL here yet).

^_^

I'm still getting problems here and there, seems to not want to make up it's mind.

Took ages to initially get on here tonight - ages - but once it was on, it was very fast. Something pretty odd going on. Might be routing tables, or something like that...

EDIT - its gone back to "dead slow" again for me :P. Also the "VGChartz" title image doesn't appear at all. Maybe I need a ctrl-F5...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It's been good/bad the last day or so, mostly bad. In fact, I would say right now it's worse than it was on the other server only 448 users online. I've seen this operating faster with 1000 online...

I suspect ioi needs to do some tuning. Perhaps raise max_clients or decrease the keepalive timeout, or... really depends where the bottleneck is. ping times are good, so it's likely server and not network related.