By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site now running REAL fast!

Haven't noticed much of a difference, but I haven't been on as much lately. Definitely about time there was an upgrade though. Was suggesting that for months.

Around the Network

It's odd for me, it takes the page a while to start loading but when it does it loads rather quickly.

Overall it loads 100% in the same amount of time, but it's more annoying as I used to be able to read the text before all the images have loaded.

OK, something fairly strange and suspicious just happened. The site went down and came back up, and after it came up, I wasn't logged in. No problem, except when I went to log in, I was told my password was incorrect. I tried a few times to make sure there was no typo, then I clicked on password request. The e-mail I received from password request showed NO username and something that was definitely NOT my password, and trying the "new" password didn't work either. A few minutes later, and I was able to log in with my normal password. I think the site may be under attack, and the attacker is trying to mine e-mail addresses (and succeeded in getting mine).

Someone needs to feed the hamsters!

OK, something weird happen to me. When I was trying to log in-it gave a login fail incorrect username/password even though I know it what I put in was correct. But when I gave my email so my password could be sent, it gave me the strangest password ever and even that failed to log in and now it works fine. Why?

Around the Network

Well, it's good for some who got their bans lifted! Hope they won't press their luck again.

i don't think it matters what you do: this site can never attract a wide audience. if gamers want a site, they'll go to IGN. it even gives a monthly NPD chart, so gamers can get a good idea of who's winning the war

mr-money said:
i don't think it matters what you do: this site can never attract a wide audience. if gamers want a site, they'll go to IGN. it even gives a monthly NPD chart, so gamers can get a good idea of who's winning the war

Not at all. This site already has a wide audience - tons of traffic - and is about much more than whatever NPD is doing. Game culture, game reviews, console fanboy/fangirlism (within limits!), sales discussions, predictions and forecasts, incredibly helpful charts, and deep philosophical discussions about just why Rundas flies around on a flying icecube - all in one package, all for free, and with a generally supportive community. IGN can't touch that and never will.

ioi said:
Because the user database was wiped and I had to load it from and old backup. So anything changed since thursday has gone

But why would it respond with an incorrect password?  Doesn't it verify that someone with your e-mail address registered?