By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site now running REAL fast!

I just want to thank ioi for what must have been all the HARD WORK over the last week or three, migrating the site to the new server. I was having all sorts of bizarre issues (speed and other) - but they all seem to be fixed now.

In fact, the site is now absolutely blazing along for me - at speeds never before seen. I can feel a flood of replies, posts & new threads coming along!

I thought posting a POSITIVE thread/story about the site performance for once would be nice :)

Thanks again for the effort ioi!

I'm also about to make a PayPal donation to the site - not a heap of money, more a token of thanks. It would be a great if a few of the regulars here could do the same. This site gives us all so much entertainment , joy and information.

But as ioi has said a few times, what he really wants is to see more people visiting the site. Its time to start Digging a few select articles and stories again, and lets see that "Users online" exceed 1000, and stay there! 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Yeah I agree. Its moving like lightening for me. The site is really staring to feel professional now.

ioi deserves a big collective pat on the back from all the sites members.

What needs to be remembered is that all this is free and its marvoulus. I know maybe I dont post as much as some people do but i throughly enjoy this site. The perfect balance of serious numbers and good humour.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

You and damn paypal!

Check here to see what I mean:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9179&start=0#end

But yeah I'm glad the sites working fine, in all honesty I need to know more about ioi etc etc before I give him money for his efforts, like I have said before I have spare cash in my paypal pending a usage, ioi replying to original ideas we shared and considered would be a start.

Communication error on his behalf, even if he is busy.

Eh why do I get those Drive Cleaner pop ups again? Got one yesterday!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

ArtofAngels said:
You and damn paypal!

But yeah I'm glad the sites working fine, in all honesty I need to know more about ioi etc etc before I give him money for his efforts, like I have said before I have spare cash in my paypal pending a usage, ioi replying to original ideas we shared and considered would be a start.

You see that "Make a Donation" button on the left side of the screen? That links to the PayPal site (i.e. I think the image is hosted there?), and I have had nasty loading delays on it occasionally. But not anymore.

And re: PayPal - the main reason I am donating (and I just did - finally after months of promising I was going to) is that I have ads disabled (thanks to Firefox). No ads --> no ad revenue --> not good for VGChartz.

And out of principle, I would *always* rather just pay a few dollars amd have no ads. I do work fulltime, and spend more than $1000 / yr on videogames (hardware + software - on average) so a few extra dollars for VGChartz is well spent IMO. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
ioi said:
ArtofAngels said:
You and damn paypal!

ArtofAngels, I have been replying to your messages. Are you talking about the myspace stuff? I put a link under "community" to our homepage on there for a start and we can publicise it more - I'm just a little put off by the fact that last time we did it nobody really showed much interest. But it is definitely worth trying.

On a related note, somebody has added a facebook app which lists our latest console sales. Check it out here - http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=5621729530 and add it if you are a facebook regular. Thanks to Wowbagger Esbjörnsson for that.

shams and others, any donations would of course be much appreciated and will go into helping to improve the site further, but as I say every time the best thing any of you can do for the site is get more and more people on here, help dispel the myth that exists in some areas of the internet that this is a "joke site" and help us to digg / bookmark / link to articles and sales info. I'd love to see more and more articles on the site. One I am impressed with (in terms of layout and professionalism) is by thesimexchange's Jesse Divnic (who we were talking to at one point to work with us - how ironic) who does their monthly NPD "predictions". Would be great if we could get some articles up of a similar quality - 

I *hope* things are finally up and running ok now, we may still have a few teething problems but it seems when things are working well the site is very quick as you say.

Thanks again for the support and sorry for the problems and downtime we've had over the last 3-4 days.

ioi      

Okay, excellent, it's also worth noting that when the site was down the VGChartz myspace page went up over 400 views, implying people went their to see what's going on, I even recieved messages.

But now that I know you've done that I'll get to updating it as of tomorrow (updating sales numbers as I type now---EDIT--- this site needs updating of it's current html chart offerings in the 'add to site or signature' section), it makes sense I guess because profile views have been going up a lot faster then when it started off.

Thanks a bunch ioi.

Yeah, thus far last night and today, the growing pains seem to be over and the site is moving like greased lightning. Excellent. :)

Strangely for me, the website is really, really slow. Every click gives me about a 20 second wait before it proceeds. The only thing I can figure is my ISP isn't up to date or something. I assumed you were working on getting the database up to speed on the new server and maintenance was slowing it down, but I've gotten several timeouts and such this weekend. I'm in Austin, Texas an an AT&T 1.5Mb DSL that is normally very fast.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Yea it's been up and down for me too, I've gotten lots of timeouts but when it's going well it is really fast now.

Has been very fast for me so thanks.