By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Catholic Church: We'll Stob Being Charitable if Gay Marriage is Passed

The same chapter that says you shouldn't have gay sex also says you shouldn't eat shelfish or wear clothes with different fabrics. When will the Catholic church begin it's protests of the Mandarin and the Gap!?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
The same chapter that says you shouldn't have gay sex also says you shouldn't eat shelfish or wear clothes with different fabrics. When will the Catholic church begin it's protests of the Mandarin and the Gap!?

Jesus said double standards are totally cool...or something like that.

Doesn't look nearly as cool as Spiritual Warfare which was a fantastic Zelda clone.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

stof said:

Lol

THE GAP IS EVIL! OH NOES!!!!! YOU WILL ROT IN HELLZ BY SHOPPING THERE!!!!!!!

I only shop at the most "evil" store on the planet: Hot Topic.

To be fair, most Christians cite the laws of Leviticus as being for that time period, and reflect on the argument that Jesus fulfilled the law (of Leviticus), so the most important teachings are from him, as well as examples in the NT (which say that various foods are clean, as per Acts).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

They have every right to do with their money as they please. The government does not own the catholic church.

"The city is saying in order to provide social services, you need to be secular. For us, that's really a problem."

I mean, that pretty much sums it up. The church isn't going to compromise on their religion so that they can continue to help people :-/ If the city says they'll just have to deal, it's the church's right to say the city will have to deal without. I mean, they've been lucky to get that much aid. If the city isn't willing to compromise, it's their problem. After all, they are voluntarily helping people, they can stop whenever they want.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

mrstickball said:
To be fair, most Christians cite the laws of Leviticus as being for that time period, and reflect on the argument that Jesus fulfilled the law (of Leviticus), so the most important teachings are from him, as well as examples in the NT (which say that various foods are clean, as per Acts).

Oh certainly. I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone who follows Leveticus (all the animal sacrifices would get messy). But it is often cited by those opposed to homosexuality. Actually, did Jesus ever say anything specific about the topic of homosexuality? I'm not sure.

@ Strategyking - of course they have every right to decide what to do with their charitable donations. We just think it's pretty shitty that this arch diocese considers helping people to be slightly less important than discriminating against homosexuals.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Haha. The Catholic Church rapes boys but Heaven forbid they have to acknowledge gay people.

stof said:
mrstickball said:

Oh certainly. I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone who follows Leveticus (all the animal sacrifices would get messy). But it is often cited by those opposed to homosexuality. Actually, did Jesus ever say anything specific about the topic of homosexuality? I'm not sure.

@ Strategyking - of course they have every right to decide what to do with their charitable donations. We just think it's pretty shitty that this arch diocese considers helping people to be slightly less important than discriminating against homosexuals.

I'm not super knowledgeable of the Bible, but from what I do know Jesus never mentioned shunning/outcasting gays the way the church currently does. I'm sure they could edit and pencil hate speak in fairly easily if they absolutely had to...

stof said:
mrstickball said:

I read it more as the provision of social services by their particular institution to a small minority in one city is slightly less important to them than maintaining accordance with the beliefs of a one billion strong following.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS