By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Catholic Church: We'll Stob Being Charitable if Gay Marriage is Passed

It's their prerogative...why all the hate. It's not like they legally have to be charitable.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

Yes but it is hypocritical considering the theology they preach.

FaRmLaNd said:
Yes but it is hypocritical considering the theology they preach.

Yes, but it is still their perogative. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I really hope they don't follow through with this. Because the bill WILL pass sooner or later...

Alterego-X said:
highwaystar101 said:
Alterego-X said:
highwaystar101 said:
CommunistHater said:
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13). "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." (Leviticus 18:22-24). Notice that the latter Bible verses lump in homosexuality with bestiality.

OBEY!

So because the Bible says that gay sex and bestiality are the same, then that is the reason to not be gay?

How about if I say that homosexuality and bestiality are *not* morally the same and that the Bible is wrong on this one? I'm sorry, but this is 2000 year old reasoning, and it shows I'm afraid.

I don't that the two being mentioned in the same chapter means anything, the Leviticus was written over a long timespan, not in chronological order. You can often find totally random laws written after each other.  

BTW, now that I'm thinking about it, why not? How is either bestiality, or homosexuality morally worse than the other one? 

Humans can understand and give consent, Show me how an animal can both understand what you are doing to it and give consent, and I will repeal that argument...

To be honest that is one reason out of dozens.

Animals aren't required to give consent for being butchered, and eaten by you, either. How is sex worse?

lol are you saying your okay with beastiality? I'd rather eat a cow then fuck it.

Around the Network
liSnesboy said:
FaRmLaNd said:
Question to the Christians here. Would the act of witholding charity for political reasons be considered a sin?

I certainly hope so...

Yes.

It's also morally questionable, which is why I disagree with this move.

But the Catholic church considers hiring/giving benefits (and so forth) a sin as well, so they're not in a very good situation.  Somewhat appropriately, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. 

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I say good riddance. People like helping people. If Catholic gay-hating charities disappear, non-Catholic Queer-friendly charities will replace them. I think Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have donated billions each to charity, and they're not Catholic, and they're definitely not going to stop helping people if we pass a law they don't like.

Chairman-Mao said:
Alterego-X said:
highwaystar101 said:
Alterego-X said:
highwaystar101 said:
CommunistHater said:
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13). "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." (Leviticus 18:22-24). Notice that the latter Bible verses lump in homosexuality with bestiality.

OBEY!

So because the Bible says that gay sex and bestiality are the same, then that is the reason to not be gay?

How about if I say that homosexuality and bestiality are *not* morally the same and that the Bible is wrong on this one? I'm sorry, but this is 2000 year old reasoning, and it shows I'm afraid.

I don't that the two being mentioned in the same chapter means anything, the Leviticus was written over a long timespan, not in chronological order. You can often find totally random laws written after each other.  

BTW, now that I'm thinking about it, why not? How is either bestiality, or homosexuality morally worse than the other one? 

Humans can understand and give consent, Show me how an animal can both understand what you are doing to it and give consent, and I will repeal that argument...

To be honest that is one reason out of dozens.

Animals aren't required to give consent for being butchered, and eaten by you, either. How is sex worse?

lol are you saying you're okay with beastiality? I'd rather eat a cow than fuck it.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I say good riddance. People like helping people. If Catholic gay-hating charities disappear, non-Catholic Queer-friendly charities will replace them. I think Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have donated billions each to charity, and they're not Catholic, and they're definitely not going to stop helping people if we pass a law they don't like.

While I don’t know about Catholics in particular, I do know that charities that fall in-line with the values of Evangelical Christians and Mormons tend to have no difficulty fundraising or finding volunteers; while charities that are against the values of these religious groups have difficulty surviving without the aid of the government. I’m not religious, but I do know that these (often criticized) religions tend to volunteer and give to charity at disproportionate levels; and if a "Charity Strike" was started by the Catholic Church and followed by other denominations it is likely that charitable organizations would grind to a hault.

Realistically, I don't think this would happen because of the nature of people who volunteer, but I think you need to consider that many of the devoutly religious individuals see a greater need to volunteer; and as a result may be out working for multiple charities three or four nights a week, and these people are not easy to replace.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=h#/pages/Revocation-of-tax-exempt-status-from-churches-engaging-in-political-action/165171987858

Group title says all.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan