By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Catholic Church: We'll Stob Being Charitable if Gay Marriage is Passed

So are they going to send an e-mail out to all the members. Saying "If you do charity work then you will go to hell". How are they(the church) going to stop their members from doing charity? IF people want to do it in the beginning more than likely continue doing it in other places

Around the Network

Huh, I thought the idea was to always provide aid and comfort to the heathens so that you can be there to convert them in their hour of need.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

We shouldn't be totally surprised. True altruism is the real holy grail of humanity, and may never really be acheived.

When someone gives you a fish, you should always check for the hook.

Alterego-X said:
Obviously, they have all right to do that, they give charity when and to whoever they want.

On the other hand, it's not really Christian behavior, even if they consider gay sex a sin.
Jesus says:
-"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

They re doing exactly the opposite, like the Pharisees: " OMG! We are so holy and righteous! We won't even talk to the common sinners, we have nothing to do with them!"

Well put.  This is why I have nothing wrong with gay individuals, even though I am a very strong Christian.  I can't stand Catholics either.... they are the worst example when it comes to Christian behavior and beliefs because they literally make so much stuff up.  Like purgatory, confession to a Priest, etc. etc.

I feel that obviously any church can react however they want to this type of law, as there should always be separation of church and state, but true Christian churches would not turn away anyone in need.

The church seems to have their hands tied: if they are correct about they're fears concerning forced employment of homosexuals (and "among other things"), then, obviously, they couldn't continue their charity work, because they would then be doing something they consider a sin.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
dsister44 said:
So are they going to send an e-mail out to all the members. Saying "If you do charity work then you will go to hell". How are they(the church) going to stop their members from doing charity? IF people want to do it in the beginning more than likely continue doing it in other places

That's not even remotely close to what they are saying.

They're saying they don't want gay people to work for them, since it's against there religion... and definitly don't want to pay benefits to gay couples, and they don't want to be forced to support gay people's choice to get married by being forced to rent or sell stuff to gay people.

As such, if the law passes they need to shut down their buisness oppurtunites because it's against their religion to give gay people benefits and do things like rent out community halls to gay receptions.

Don't really agree with it... but at least get what they're doing right.

SciFiBoy said:
what makes me angry is that in the UK they can refuse to do there job and provide services to gay people and the courts say thats a-okay because they believe in jebus

Their job? Since when is it their 'job' to provide services to anyone?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kasz216 said:
dsister44 said:

That's not even remotely close to what they are saying.

They're saying they don't want gay people to work for them, since it's against there religion... and definitly don't want to pay benefits to gay couples, and they don't want to be forced to support gay people's choice to get married by being forced to rent or sell stuff to gay people.

As such, if the law passes they need to shut down their buisness oppurtunites because it's against their religion to give gay people benefits and do things like rent out community halls to gay receptions.

Don't really agree with it... but at least get what they're doing right.

I was just joking about the bolded. 

I kind of figured that was what they were talking about after I posted that

outlawauron said:
SciFiBoy said:
what makes me angry is that in the UK they can refuse to do there job and provide services to gay people and the courts say thats a-okay because they believe in jebus

Since Jesus told them that they are responsible for the "tired, sick and poor" maybe?

CommonMan said:
outlawauron said:
SciFiBoy said:

Since Jesus told them that they are responsible for the "tired, sick and poor" maybe?

Those are spiritual issues. I'm asking why an atheist considers caring for these people the job of the church, they don't get paid for it. How is it the official job of the Catholic church?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.