By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Riot Of The Blood said:
How long is this game taking to beat? I wanna buy it, but I'm worried it will be as bad as the DS version...

If you thought the DS version was "bad" then you'll probably hate the Wii version because it is the same thing but better. Slightly harder stages, but nothing a 2D mario pro can't run though.

Metacritic puts it 1 point behind the DS version.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Right now im buying it!! Just wait!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
nordlead said:
student said:
Man, I'm surprised people ran through it so quick. Is it that easy?

you can skip whole worlds. I skipped 3&4 and went to 5 via a cannon. So, to beat Bowser at the end it shouldn't be to hard to get there. To beat every stage (which is what I'm doing) it will take some time.

You can skip from world 1 to 5 as well.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Metacritic is wrong and stupid. This game is about 10 times better than the DS version. Better power-ups, more Yoshi, 4 player co-op. What's wrong with these reviewers?

It took a long time to beat. I think I played it for... the entire day yesterday. Only took breaks to shop, eat, and watch 2001 for some reason.

I beat every main level in every world, but now I gotta go back and find secret levels and coins and stuff. Definitely worth $50, definitely tons and tons of replay value.

@student and Riot of the Blood, it's much longer and much harder than the DS game. There are basically some bullet hell parts with fireballs and Bullet Bills, and several things to dodge at once, while riding moving and rotating platforms. I'm gonna keep going back for secrets for a while, and then try to do the whole game over again in co-op with some friends, probably several times. It's definitely up there with SMB3 and SMWorld in the fun and replay department, especially with the multiplayer madness stuff.

How's the difficulty compare to, say, Yoshi Island DS?

Maybe I should just rent it first, IDK.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I'd say it's harder than Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's Island DS, because you can't shoot eggs in any direction in any level, and you can only do a flutter kick on the Yoshi levels. I definitely lost more lives in this game than in either Yoshi's Island game. If you have fireballs or iceballs you can only shoot them forward/downward diagonally and try to ricochet them at your enemies with their small bounces.

If you're gonna rent it, make sure you have 1-3 people around to play it with. That'll probably convince you to buy it.

Also, the multiplayer makes it harder, like Battletoads, 'cuz you get in each other's way a lot. But unlike Battletoads, the game's not impossible, so the added challenge is more fun.

I love it so far. Single and multiplayer is a blast and MP does make it harder, lol.

well, i've been through all 8 worlds and beaten the final boss and seen the credits, but i havn't gotten all the star coins yet

does that count?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:
well, i've been through all 8 worlds and beaten the final boss and seen the credits, but i havn't gotten all the star coins yet

does that count?

Holy crap, I'm barely on World 4!

i just have too much free time, thats all :D.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.