By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII main theme Petition to Square-Enix

Christ sake. I have to sign this. Trying to please non gamers to like FFXIII by adding horrible music. Oh GOOOOOOOD HEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEE!! Final Fantasy is my religion. Why??? Why have you abandoned me??? OOOHH GOODDD!!!

Around the Network
Hero_time88 said:
lestatdark said:
Looool, not content with the other thread, you decided to post a petition for it? Tell me, would you had done the same when FFVIII released a worded song instead of the classical tune of the pre-3D FF's? You know nothing about FF, claiming that a J-Pop song is part of FF tradition xD

As some point it become's a tradition, and it has been so for ten years. Did you for example know that the James Bond series dind't start with  a pre-credits scene? Now it's part of the tradition and part of the movie's//

Teenage girls aren't going to buy FFXIII, because they hear Leona Lewis in the commercial, and they could just use that horrible song for the commercial and leave the game as it is meant to be.

And how do you know if including this type of songs won't be tradition 10 years from now?

You're exactly against all that the spirit of innovation that Final Fantasy embodies, you're judging the inclusion of an RnB song just because you're not fond of it. I'm not particulary fond of RnB myself, yet I see nothing wrong with it being included on a FF game. It isn't more different than Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, Kiss me Goodbye.

You want to talk FF tradition with people in here? Good luck with that. I won't bother anymore since, as I said, it's your loss really.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Rei said:

I will be surprised if you get even 1000 signs for a petition as stupid as this one. I think every sane person would find it embarassing to sign something like this.

Also shows how much of a "FF fan" you are. Lewis is insanely popular, this song will help FFXIII to sell, yet you dont care and request some shitty j-pop song nobody in the West knows about instead.

You need a serious kick in the nuts. And I mean SERIOUS! How about celine dion or shakira or britney join the FF club??

Hero_time88 said:
rccsetzer said:
Hero_time88 said:
I repeat; The J-pop song has been made for the game and is a part of the game.

So the japanese dub, lip synching (see CG movies in trailer) and teenager themes. Ask Americans if they like to watch movies with subtitles or hear something that they don't understand. Ask Europeans if they like to hear games in American Enlgish or Japanese (see Valkyria Chronicles sales there). Square-Enix is chosing the option that will sell more, not because of your tastes. Accept that.

Translating is not the same thing a replacing and/ or removing. xD

This is yet translating. At a higher level. It is cultural translating : gender and language translation.

I won't sign that petition. I like the song, and I like it better than the Japanese one. It's a ballad that could very well be written by Square-Enix (or probably not, 'cause the lyrics actually make some sense )... and why are you saying "it just doesn't fit"? The fact that My Hands wasn't written specifically for the game doesn't mean anything. For example, in Moulin Rouge!, Come What May was used throughout the movie as its main theme, but it wasn't written specifically for it - it was written for another Baz Luhrmann feature, Romeo + Juliet, and that's why it couldn't be nominated to an Academy Award.

So, I will trust Square-Enix's judgment - it's their game, it's their story... the song most likely fits.

N-Portugal.com - A Portuguese gaming site. Check the latest N-ews!

Around the Network

Both are generic ballads that I couldn't care less about. I'd rather petition S-E to offer Japanese sound and subtitles as DLC.

ctalkeb said:
Both are generic ballads that I couldn't care less about. I'd rather petition S-E to offer Japanese sound and subtitles as DLC.

Thats impossible as a dlc, coze it will take alot of space

it has to be on disc, but the ps3 & 360 versions must be the same

so that cant happen too

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:

Thats impossible as a dlc, coze it will take alot of space

it has to be on disc, but the ps3 & 360 versions must be the same

so that cant happen too

Sure, it takes up a lot of space, but probably not impossibly much. Not that I'd really know, since I don't even know what codec they're using.

all over a main theme ?
Will it make you hate the game ? its just one song.

Citan said:
Rei said:

I will be surprised if you get even 1000 signs for a petition as stupid as this one. I think every sane person would find it embarassing to sign something like this.

Also shows how much of a "FF fan" you are. Lewis is insanely popular, this song will help FFXIII to sell, yet you dont care and request some shitty j-pop song nobody in the West knows about instead.

You need a serious kick in the nuts. And I mean SERIOUS! How about celine dion or shakira or britney join the FF club??

Better yet, they could be party members in Final Fantasy XV!