By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just realized that Nintendo is abusing their most loyal fans

hmm... I can't figure out if it makes perfect sense or not, but it seems so.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

You're a little slow on the uptake. I knew they abandoned me the instant they didn't put online into Mario Kart Double Dash, opting for that cheap-o LAN shit instead

Also: lol at Viewtiful Mind

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

you do realize we can trust you know, right?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sarcasms radar it's broken... it's rol but he is being sarcastic right

Sigh. You have no idea what you are talking about Rol.

2D Mario is the original core Nintendo game. This is the game I, and many others, who grew up playing Super Mario Bros., have been waiting for since Super Mario World came out. A true successor in the SMB series.

We don't care about online. Why the hell do you want online in a Mario platformer?

Super Mario Bros is NOT simple gameplay. It is the original core gameplay. Easy to learn, hard to master. Infinitely replayable. You can play a 2D Mario level thousands of times, and still you can do new things, get even better, do better jump combos, improve your timing.

I still play Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World regularly. Galaxy was fun the first time through, but if I am gonna play something now, I'd rather play through all 96 exits on Super Mario World for the 40th time rather than go through galaxy for the 2nd time. So who needs online?

Why does every game have to have online? Because it is a "feature"?

Around the Network

Nothing special.

I this, I that....It's all I I I with you Rol...

RolStoppable said:

Signs for it have been on the horizon since quite a while, but I must admit that my bias clouded my judgment. In hindsight I can't believe that I couldn't see it clearly and even defended Nintendo vehemently in the past couple of years. I should have gotten suspicious a year ago when their big holiday titles were Animal Crossing and Wii Music, two casual games, although Reggie dared to call the former a core game. This year is even a step back, because their's only one holiday title, New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Nintendo made their biggest game of the year ready for casuals and kids with simple, fun gameplay, stylish visuals, multiplayer modes and the Super Guide or whatever this new feature is called that allows you to watch the game beating itself. To the disappointment of most of the remaining Nintendo fans, there's no online functionality found in NSMB Wii. A feature that should be standard in today's games, leaving it out can only be explained by ridiculous laziness considering that this game is not much more than a port of the DS game from three years ago.

There's no excuse, because LittleBigPlanet already showed that online multiplayer works quite well for a 2D platformer and to add insult to injury, NSMB Wii is also much less taxing on the hardware it runs on than Sony's game. Once again, Nintendo is taking the easy route here. Earlier this year they saw that the Wii's momentum was about to collapse and quickly produced a game with a big brand name in the hopes that it would help them to fend off the threat that was the incoming blockbuster Modern Warfare 2 which, like usual, wouldn't be released on the Wii.

I know that Nintendo is all about the money, but lately they have cut too many corners even for my likings. At least Super Mario Galaxy 2 seems to be a polished game of which Nintendo has made far too few in the last two years. Don't get me wrong, I'll be still buying NSMB Wii like the sheep that I am, but from now on I'll look at Nintendo's decisions more critical. Like this guy has done. If there was ever one way to accurately judge whether it was Nintendo abandoning the hardcore gamers or the hardcore abandoning Nintendo, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is it. Finally we get to see the true picture.

*checks link*

LOL WTF

Little Big Planet has absolutely nothing threatening about it. Nintendo is more likely to compete wth Carnival Game's sales

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

ksv said:

2D Mario is the original core Nintendo game. This is the game I, and many others, who grew up playing Super Mario Bros., have been waiting for since Super Mario World came out. A true successor in the SMB series.

We don't care about online. Why the hell do you want online in a Mario platformer?

Super Mario Bros is NOT simple gameplay. It is the original core gameplay. Easy to learn, hard to master. Infinitely replayable. You can play a 2D Mario level thousands of times, and still you can do new things, get even better, do better jump combos, improve your timing.

I still play Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World regularly. Galaxy was fun the first time through, but if I am gonna play something now, I'd rather play through all 96 exits on Super Mario World for the 40th time rather than go through galaxy for the 2nd time. So who needs online?

Mario was core when the only people that played games were eight year olds.  The game industry has moved on, Nintendo hasn't and to demonstrate this the release a game a year too late with half the features that were present in LBP and they expect the core to swallow this?

hsrob said:
ksv said:

Mario was core when the only people that played games were eight year olds.  The game industry has moved on, Nintendo hasn't and to demonstrate this the release a game a year too late with half the features that were present in LBP and they expect the core to swallow this?

I don't care about what the "industry" is doing. I just want to play awesome games. The Super Mario Bros series is the most awesome games ever. Why do you bring up LBP? NSMBWii is going outdo the lifetime LBP sales in a couple of weeks at most, so yeah, I think the core will swallow this just fine. And guess what, not only will the core enjoy it, but new/inexperienced gamers (including 8 year olds) will as well.

And I'll play this game in multiplayer on a couch with family and friends, not with some random teenager with tourette's on the internet.