By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just realized that Nintendo is abusing their most loyal fans

ramonecaxa said:
Most of the "hardcore" gamers abandoned Nintendo since N64, GC . The company was living almost exclusively of Nintendo fans. Nintendo can't live of NFans.

Nintendo was doing really good games and powerful consoles and even with that they couldn't attract the "hardcore" gamers.

If Nintendo had only followed developing games like Zelda, Mario Metroid or Pikmin, they sure would be doomed right now. The only way to survive for N was to focus on a new market because most of the traditional gamers were with sony or microsoft.

Wii is the consequence of the abandonment of the players to Nintendo.

THAT'S IT! That's exactly what I'm thinking!

You abandoned Nintendo. The Wii is the consequence of this abandonment. Now they are focusing on a new market.

And, Mr. Rol... If you dislike so much New Super Mario Bros Wii, then why did you take a Koopa Kid for avatar? You will answer me: because Koopa Kids are hot.

Now that's the point that makes Mario so much different of Little Big Planet. Since the NES, Mario's universe has been changing and developing throughout the years to became an accomplishment in terms of platforming games. Little Big Planet, with all its features, is surely a great game. But Mario cannot be challenged. He's the ultimate character that will always be a reference in terms of quality. Because quality is all about gameplay, and not tons of features. 

Tomorrow, I will pick up this great game to play with my sister and my cousin. And I will thank Nintendo for this game. I will be happy.

Remember that it's a video game. A game must be an experience shared with others. It must be simple, but really effective in terms of gameplay. A game must improve.

Now, that's all the characteristics of a Mario game. It has to be the characteristics of any game, period. Fun, Improvement, experience, Family experience.

@RolStoppable: are you considering yourself as one of those people that love to put controversy on every subject?

Around the Network

i dont care how ironic or well written your post is, wii music is a shell of a game. it sucks

And guys, really... shut up.

2010 for you: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid : Other M, maybe Zelda... and a brand new Mario game.

But yeah, you're right... NINTENDO IS REALLY ABUSING OF THEIR LOYAL FANS....!

Then, just don't play it.

Go outside, breathe fresh air and do sports...

You know what is sports?

guiduc said:

Then, just don't play it.

Go outside, breathe fresh air and do sports...

You know what is sports?

lol

Around the Network
Roflinator said:
PeteyPeeps said:
YOU JUST REALISED??? ... i saw them neglect us loyal fans since about 1 year into the wii, when they kept releasing casual gamer games ...

its been 3 years, and we still haven't seen an fzero, star fox, proper donkey kong, or kirby game ...

YET we have seen junk like wii sports get a sequel, wii fit

DISAPPOINTED ... ive been loyal to Nintendo since the NES, but im getting fed up .... and i have a friend who has ONLY bought Nintendo consoles for his whole life, and he is considering getting a ps3 cos he cant handle it any longer ... so im not alone ...

cant wait to see Nintendo fans in denial start having goes at me ... When you do, remember im a Nintendo fan too! just ive lost respect, and dislike their change, snobbing us loyal fans for some extra money from casual gamers ....

I love how some people are missing the sarcasm. And to top it off with your post being nothing but blantant lies and bullshit. Classic VGChartz...classic.

How is his being fed up with and disappointed in Nintendo bullshit and lies? Do elaborate.

I realize, after a few years in here, that the OP is, of course, being sarcastic but its still a viable question. Maybe you're happy with the Wii but that doesn't mean that this guy is. 

Mummelmann said:
Roflinator said:
PeteyPeeps said:
YOU JUST REALISED??? ... i saw them neglect us loyal fans since about 1 year into the wii, when they kept releasing casual gamer games ...

its been 3 years, and we still haven't seen an fzero, star fox, proper donkey kong, or kirby game ...

DISAPPOINTED ... ive been loyal to Nintendo since the NES, but im getting fed up .... and i have a friend who has ONLY bought Nintendo consoles for his whole life, and he is considering getting a ps3 cos he cant handle it any longer ... so im not alone ...

cant wait to see Nintendo fans in denial start having goes at me ... When you do, remember im a Nintendo fan too! just ive lost respect, and dislike their change, snobbing us loyal fans for some extra money from casual gamers ....

I love how some people are missing the sarcasm. And to top it off with your post being nothing but blantant lies and bullshit. Classic VGChartz...classic.

How is his being fed up with and disappointed in Nintendo bullshit and lies? Do elaborate.

I realize, after a few years in here, that the OP is, of course, being sarcastic but its still a viable question. Maybe you're happy with the Wii but that doesn't mean that this guy is. 

very true.

Just what the fuck is this thread about? First hes serious then hes sarcastic *head splodes*

Anyone get LBP to work well online? I tried it, and it was a borderline disaster, with real nasty lag. Apparently Wifi+my router+LBP was a horrible combo.

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
Roflinator said:
PeteyPeeps said:

Three years in, the Gamecube didn't have a proper Star Fox, Donkey Kong or Kirby game. F-Zero was outsourced to Sega and didn't quite match the quality of the N64 game. And even the Star Fox game which was released later on was a big disappointment.

Yet we saw junk like Donkey Konga get a sequel and didn't get a single great 2D platformer at all. No, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat didn't cut it and Wario was stuffed in his own 3D game while Luigi was starring in a "horror" game for kids. If that wasn't enough, Nintendo published that horrible Mickey Mouse game aimed at four year old kids, ruined 3D Mario by forcing a waterpack on him and betrayed Zelda fans by making The Wind Waker with cel-shaded graphics instead of a more realistic look like shown in an early tech demo before the Gamecube's release.

So what's the point? There are always reasons to find something annoying about Nintendo, because they make all sorts of games. Some people read too much stuff on the internet, let their mind be influenced too easily and thus let others dictate what they have to think about gaming. Like for example all this casual gaming garbage that didn't really exist prior to this generation and buy an HD console, because that's where all the hardcore games are. Then there's all the complaints about the games that haven't been released yet, but no real appreciation for the franchises which had an entry earlier than last generation.

Not saying that PeteyPeeps is necessarily a victim of "conventional internet wisdom", but there surely are some signs of it in his post.

woah...no sarcasm