By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto on lack of online support in New Super Mario Bros. Wii

I do think he knows more about what people want and need then any of you who are complaining about lack of online.

Jeesh all this "online deman" is slowly but slowly killing the wonderful world of singleplayer mode or local multiplayer mode.

every damn game released doesn't have to have online..

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I'm about the last person alive that cares if this game is online, *BUT* I really think Nintendo should have included the option for those players that really want such functionality. (And it should be an option on all of their games, one way or another, where applicable.)

I also agree w/ Squrriel that the road should run both ways and online-only games should also feature local where applicable.

Gamerace said:
I respect Miyamoto as much as anyone but I'm sorry. That's a pathetic excuse.

There is not a game in existence where that hasn't been true. However that has never stopped anyone from including online for a multi-player game this gen. Prompted them to include camera support maybe.

I'm really beginning to thing that as genius as Miyamoto is, he is also becoming increasingly dated. No online will barely affect sales on this game, most Wii owner aren't even online at all, but that's still no excuse for not including it in such a major title where the online use would have been huge.

Agreed Miyamoto is easily my favorite person in the video game industry, but I really do not like that answer at all!!  Since the game has been announced up and down multiple message boards as well as basically every video game critic has mentioned online would be nice and a 4th character would be better than 2 generic toads.  There has been plenty of time since E3 for Nintendo to at least address the character issue and fix that, but they just did not care!  This game just reeks of rushed job!  Usually a game like Mario and Zelda are announced and come out like 2 years later, but this game gets announced and released 6 months later, which makes me think they had this great idea had absolutley nothing else coming out this year so they rushed it to the market!  I'm buying this game when it comes out and will no doubt love every minute of it, but it would be nice if Nintendo would at least listen to their fans as opposed to just making it the way they want and saying "we" or "I" don't think it would work or would not be fun without seeing your friends face...how about taking your fans opinions into it and not just what they think!!

Xxain said:
I think the only Problem is NINTENDO should of taken into consideration that Everybody doesn't have ppl they can consistently play with or anybody at all.....luckily i have 2 brotheres play with. This should of been a game everybody can enjoy to max potential

I'm going to turn the tables. What about games with no local muiltplayer? Not everyone has a working inernet connection.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Can we PLEASE DROP THE goddamn online bitching already? PLEASE? The game is freaking awesome, period. My girlfriend and I are on World 5-1 and couldn't be having more of a blast. Miyamoto thinks online would've hurt the game, so he left it out...DEAL. If you want to whine and cry constantly, feel free to do so. The rest of us will be enjoying this thoroughly awesome game.

By the way, this "Nintendo doesn't listen to its fans" is a load of shit. Did they not listen when they made Twilight Princess photo-realistic? Or adding online to Mario Kart and Smash Bros? Or get a Kid Icarus game going (that was Factor 5's fault and not Nintendo's on that one). The whining needs to cease, for real.

Around the Network

Wait I thought he said Wii couldn't handle it? dam you You should made it online WITH WII SPEAK SUPPORT so I can talk to my friends.

killeryoshis said:
Xxain said:
I think the only Problem is NINTENDO should of taken into consideration that Everybody doesn't have ppl they can consistently play with or anybody at all.....luckily i have 2 brotheres play with. This should of been a game everybody can enjoy to max potential

I'm going to turn the tables. What about games with no local muiltplayer? Not everyone has a working inernet connection.

U are absolutely rite..where in my post did I give you the idea this is one sided?? read the last sentence.

Xxain said:
killeryoshis said:
Xxain said:

U are absolutely rite..where in my post did I give you the idea this is one sided?? read the last sentence.

Meh I wanted a reason to critize all these games with no splitscreen.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Hey Everyone let's say HERE WE GO !

I wish it had online so I could play multiplayer with my friends. :-/