By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not DS's fault. GTA CW PSP is an absolute FLOP!!!!

With the exception of Dissidia, every 2009 western PSP release has been a flop. I wonder what would CW do on PSP in 2006/2007.

Around the Network

Don't you guys think its possible that it's selling like crap on the PSP because:

1) The people who wanted it also have a DS and bought it there
2) PSP owner view it as a "lesser" game as a DS port
3) PSP owners are pissed its coming to them later (timed-releases always sell less on the 2nd release).

Not saying anything bad about the DS sales, just that theres a reason its selling so crappily on the PSP.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Also maybe the fact it had zero promotion and hype. I didnt even know the game came out yet tbh and im on gaming websites constantly. im guessing im not the only one.

And what if COP bombs? What then? I agree that the birdeye-view didnt help, but the PSP game was a late port of a technically inferior system... and that says a lot. Of course that people wont buy it when there are already 2 3D, 3rd person GTA games on the PSP, which cpombined have almost sold 10 million

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

gravess said:
Also maybe the fact it had zero promotion and hype. I didnt even know the game came out yet tbh and im on gaming websites constantly. im guessing im not the only one.

I saw plenty of ads on GameTrailers.

Around the Network

theres a poster for it on a phone box round the corner from my house. there are some on game sites too. never saw any on tv though.

wait for the PSN sales.

badgenome said:
No way, you guys! It could have sold many millions through downloads!

Impressive as always badgenome

no one blames piracy for PSP sales????

Horrible reasoning. Liberty City Stories sold over 5 million copies on PSP, and Vice City Stories sold over 3 million.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the PSP audience doesn't care about a GTA game ported from a system with vastly inferior technology? It'd be like if they ported a decent Wii game to the HD consoles, no one with the HD consoles would touch it.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d