By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not DS's fault. GTA CW PSP is an absolute FLOP!!!!

i hate GTA in both 3D and 2D, i'm glad it flopped in both NDS and PSP

Around the Network
Keep_the_change said:

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars debbuted on DS with a "small" launch and therefore was named has a flop, it was DS's audience fault for such bad sales. The game is still selling at a low pace and is in the ~800k mark.

The PSP version launched a few weeks ago and it didn't managed to reach 40K yet. I guess the PSP's audience is what? Casual????

Or it is the game style, sky-camera that cutt is sales?

It's time to admit that this game had brilliant sales on the DS for what it is, Rockstar just could have done a better effort on bringing a proper 3D GTA experience for the DS owners.

C.O.P The Recruit is an example that Rockstar can follow to create an open sandbox engine in the portable system.

or maybe a more logical understanding is that GTA chinawars is a flop...

don't praise the DS version just because the PSP version is floppier ROFL you're just making yourself look like an idiot IMO

flop game is flop period.

gansito said:
i hate GTA in both 3D and 2D, i'm glad it flopped in both NDS and PSP

+1

Hey I just called my buddy Jack Tretton and he says that the game sold 2.724 million copies on the PSN store, so HA to you !!

TheThunder said:
Hey I just called my buddy Jack Tretton and he says that the game sold 2.724 million copies on the PSN store, so HA to you !!

are you being sarcastic or serious.....becuase if thats true...the only flop here is this thread

Around the Network

...You really cant tell Xxain?

@ friction - But is it more of a flop? Time and time again late ports prove to sell less on the system then what they normally would have if its been released same day. Looking at DS numbers as a guide and Id say my expectations for the game would be less then 400k or so. Before the game released though I'd say my expectations for the Ds would be around 2 million.

Sure he's serious.

frictionini said:
Keep_the_change said:

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars debbuted on DS with a "small" launch and therefore was named has a flop, it was DS's audience fault for such bad sales. The game is still selling at a low pace and is in the ~800k mark.

The PSP version launched a few weeks ago and it didn't managed to reach 40K yet. I guess the PSP's audience is what? Casual????

Or it is the game style, sky-camera that cutt is sales?

It's time to admit that this game had brilliant sales on the DS for what it is, Rockstar just could have done a better effort on bringing a proper 3D GTA experience for the DS owners.

C.O.P The Recruit is an example that Rockstar can follow to create an open sandbox engine in the portable system.

or maybe a more logical understanding is that GTA chinawars is a flop...

don't praise the DS version just because the PSP version is floppier ROFL you're just making yourself look like an idiot IMO

flop game is flop period.

COME ON! 

i bet you were one of the the people screaming flop when everyone was making fun of the ds version. now that its really a flop on the so called hardcore handheld its the game? please! 

ECC - the game was a flop... a port wont change that. Why didn't UT3 sell 2x more than the ps3 version even though the 360 is more shooter friendly?

Late port, top-down view.

Simple as.

LCS and VCS showed that PSP can sell bucket loads of GTA, even in spite of the crazy piracy levels.