By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Embarrassing sales tracking mistake

Isn't others also Canada?

Around the Network

Canada is North America, not Others.

Not sure on this one. I'd like to think ioi provided legit info here but ti does seem curious

1) sometimes games launch over the course of weeks in PAL territories. This happens quite commonly and has already been proven in this thread. Take Wii Fit Plus for example, where it sold 10k the first week, then shot up to 100k.

2) just hit "report problem with this game" link and report it and it will be taken care of. Sometimes ioi gets in pre-order sales and they get mistaken for regular sales when a game gets delayed last minute. I've had ioi correct 10's of games due to games not being released yet or other tracking issues.

If you take those two points into account you won't look like an idiot when you create a thread like this.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Its been out in the UK for at least a week !

Around the Network
ioi said:

Actually those are the PC sales - I completely misread the console in the data and assumed it was the PS3 version.

Thanks for pointing that one out. More haste, less speed they say. And yes this is fairly embarassing and maybe shows we need more people checking over the data before it is posted. Same with the mysterious changing of last weeks PS3 sales in Japan to PS2. We're only human and do a lot of this by hand (i.e in Excel) so these mistakes happen unfortunately

I obviously don't know anything about your methods but if you are using Excel you should consider setting up some VBA code.  i've automated about half the thing I do here so things that should take me several hours to do only take minutes.  it's how i can spend so much time on vgchartz each day. xD

Cypher1980 said:
Its been out in the UK for at least a week !

On the PC and 360 but not on the PS3.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

ioi said:

Actually those are the PC sales - I completely misread the console in the data and assumed it was the PS3 version.

Thanks for pointing that one out. More haste, less speed they say. And yes this is fairly embarassing and maybe shows we need more people checking over the data before it is posted. Same with the mysterious changing of last weeks PS3 sales in Japan to PS2. We're only human and do a lot of this by hand (i.e in Excel) so these mistakes happen unfortunately

Thanks for the clarification, I'm glad I could help. Obviously I love the site (otherwise I'd be long gone) and sales tracking improvement concerns us all. Cheers ioi that you responded nicely and maturely, unlike nordlead (what's the deal?)

silicon said:

Someone doesn't know where Canada is, or thinks USA makes up the entire America region.

dragonmagician said:
silicon said:

Someone doesn't know where Canada is, or thinks USA makes up the entire America region.

LMAO he is from Canada.