By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry - Face-Off : Modern Warfare 2 ... 360 wins again...

Netyaroze said:
Lol this article is not new information for me.

Yes the PS3 Gpu is worse but the Cell is able to handle Graphics processing and can take a lot work of the GPU and this can result in better graphics if the team is able to handle it.

Yes some Mulitplats look better on Xbox360 and the Bluray Drive is slower.

That changes nothing. Naughty Dog said that there is even more room for improvements Uncharted 2 is not using the capabilitys of PS3 100%

But who cares for me its today proven because there is no game on Xbox which comes even near to Uncharted 2.

And Killzone is still better looking then any game on Xbox360 until there is no better looking game on Xbox360 for me its clear that PS3 has more Power. Thats why I said today. I just look at the facts and fact is that PS3 is able to offer better Graphics then Xbox360. If there will be a game on Xbox360 which shows that it can atleast match Uncharted 2 i will admit that Xbox360 is able to make same Graphics as PS3 and if there is a game which looks even better then uncharted 2 i will admit that the Xbox360 is able to make better Graphics. In the End its Games that shows us which is more powerful not an article.

If you really think about that theme its clear that every console has his weaknesses and strengths only Games counts.

I saw some Heavy rain Pics and the first 2 secon ds i thought it was a Picture of a Family and it could very well be that Uncharted 2 will loose the Graphics Crown.

Xbox360 has a Chance with Alan Wake and Crysis 2 but we have to see until now its PS3>Xbox360.

That doesn't even matter. Uncharted 2 and FFXIII have no loading times.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Smashed said:
Actually, I just saw a comparison, and PS3 wins.

how so?

they're the exact same thing, and i need to mention that they don't look good anyways.

like i always say and this is to selnor too.
you should just play Killzone 2 to know what the buzz about and graphics and all.
you can't just bring a crappy looking game and claim it looks better (seriously i saw much better multiplats than MW2)

So really the title should be

Which system manages to run this average looking game the best?
Or even better

What system is infinity ward better at programming for?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Sardauk said:

Enjoy : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-modern-warfare-2-face-off

"

At the end of the day, in terms of the buying decision, the sheer importance of the game's multiplayer component is such that it's your choice of friends list that is going to determine which version of Modern Warfare 2 you buy. While the PS3 version has had some early glitches, bugs and party issues, it's also readily apparent that Infinity Ward is continually working to make sure the game works as it should.

However, for those that haven't made up their minds, it's fairly easy to say that while both renditions of the game are well worthy of the Eurogamer 9/10 score, the Xbox 360's marginally superior visuals and significantly smoother performance gives it an undoubted edge over the PlayStation 3 game, and this translates directly into a tangibly better gameplay experience."

Now that we have a better looking (multiplat) game on the 360 that looks better than KZ2 and runs better on the 360... I hope Sony PR will cut the bulls about the so-called technical superiority of the PS3 over the 360. When a PS3 games looks better, it is thanks to the genius of the developers... not the plateform...

You still don't....

Around the Network

Anyone else find this a bit on the hypocritical side?

A few months back, Activision threatens to pull support for the Ps3 (due to lack of software sales). Now, we have the biggest (typing that hurts) game release of the year, and they allowed this to happen? While I understand IW developed the game, any short commings are the fault of Activision. They made a release date, they enforced that ship date to IW, they would not allow extra port polish time to the ps3 release, etc. So, instead of polishing the game and making the BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE on all releases of MW2, they instead bring out a flawed version (in not really talking about the graphics here, they look close enough. more of the trophy/online issues) that scares away PS3 only gamers who might have purchased this game if not for the "lower" class status everyone is trying to throw at this game.

These things have nothing to do with the systems, but with the publishers. They are pushing the hell out of their dev teams to put out unfinished/unpolished products.

Eurogamer? No thanks

Some people like more KZ2 graphics, some people like more MW2 graphics and some people like more Super Mario graphics. It's a matter of taste.

There is hardware with more or less power, there are developers with more or less talent, and there are budgets with more or less resources and/or time. If you are a true gamer, the only thing that you should value is the quality of the experience you get. I'm sure everybody is happy with his console of choice, and this is what it should be.

But also, i'm sorry to say you sardauk that the best experience right is now on ps3. Why? Well, first of all you can experience both MW2 and KZ2. And i'll also tell you a little secret. Even if it's a matter of taste, you have to be blind not to appreciate the lighting, the particle effects, the quality of animations, the amount of things going on at the same time on KZ2. It's GRAPHICALLY VERY INTENSE. Claim technical superiority of MW2 over KZ2 makes you look undocumented, blind or more simply a cheap fanboy.

Did he just say MW2 looks better than KZ2?

Wass said:
Did he just said MW2 looks better than KZ2?

No, he said xbox360 version of MW2 looks better than Kz2

PS3 MW2 still sucks

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)