By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry - Face-Off : Modern Warfare 2 ... 360 wins again...

this is getting stupid.. if its it runs just abit smoother the theres to point in mentioning it for god sake!!

Around the Network

Hey come on now, us PS3 fans need something, if we don't have the best graphics then really we don't have anything. Show some mercy.

kerrak said:
Some people like more KZ2 graphics, some people like more MW2 graphics and some people like more Super Mario graphics. It's a matter of taste.

There is hardware with more or less power, there are developers with more or less talent, and there are budgets with more or less resources and/or time. If you are a true gamer, the only thing that you should value is the quality of the experience you get. I'm sure everybody is happy with his console of choice, and this is what it should be.

But also, i'm sorry to say you sardauk that the best experience right is now on ps3. Why? Well, first of all you can experience both MW2 and KZ2. And i'll also tell you a little secret. Even if it's a matter of taste, you have to be blind not to appreciate the lighting, the particle effects, the quality of animations, the amount of things going on at the same time on KZ2. It's GRAPHICALLY VERY INTENSE. Claim technical superiority of MW2 over KZ2 makes you look undocumented, blind or more simply a cheap fanboy.

I'd argue graphics isn't just a matter of taste - not if you're talking technically such as resolution, particle effects, frame rate, etc.  Those are hard and firm and while you might prefer the look or feel or results better, that has nothing to do with the core performance.  I guess an analogy would be evaluating a car solely on it's top speed, you might prefer car A but if car B is faster then its not subject to opinion.

I think people tend to mix up factual analysis of graphics (i.e. the engine and its capabilities) with their preference for look, colour, etc.  To me the two are seperate.  Which is why graphically KZ2 remains a long way ahead of MW2.  MW2 has better fps and latency though, and is clearly found more 'fun' than KZ2 by a majority of gamers.

I'd actually rate them roughly equaly, with a nod to MW2 for better scripted events and the like during the SP campaign and the slickness of its level design.  I actually prefer KZ2 MP due to the bots and larger match size, plus I've become oddly attached to the 'heavy' feel of its movement.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

kerrak said:
Some people like more KZ2 graphics, some people like more MW2 graphics and some people like more Super Mario graphics. It's a matter of taste.

There is hardware with more or less power, there are developers with more or less talent, and there are budgets with more or less resources and/or time. If you are a true gamer, the only thing that you should value is the quality of the experience you get. I'm sure everybody is happy with his console of choice, and this is what it should be.

But also, i'm sorry to say you sardauk that the best experience right is now on ps3. Why? Well, first of all you can experience both MW2 and KZ2. And i'll also tell you a little secret. Even if it's a matter of taste, you have to be blind not to appreciate the lighting, the particle effects, the quality of animations, the amount of things going on at the same time on KZ2. It's GRAPHICALLY VERY INTENSE. Claim technical superiority of MW2 over KZ2 makes you look undocumented, blind or more simply a cheap fanboy.

I completely agree with those first 2 points.

If you want to talk 'best experience' though, I'm going to reference your first point, it's all about taste. Different gamers prefer different experiences.

Reasonable said:
kerrak said:

I'd argue graphics isn't just a matter of taste - not if you're talking technically such as resolution, particle effects, frame rate, etc.  Those are hard and firm and while you might prefer the look or feel or results better, that has nothing to do with the core performance.  I guess an analogy would be evaluating a car solely on it's top speed, you might prefer car A but if car B is faster then its not subject to opinion.

I think people tend to mix up factual analysis of graphics (i.e. the engine and its capabilities) with their preference for look, colour, etc.  To me the two are seperate.  Which is why graphically KZ2 remains a long way ahead of MW2.  MW2 has better fps and latency though, and is clearly found more 'fun' than KZ2 by a majority of gamers.

I'd actually rate them roughly equaly, with a nod to MW2 for better scripted events and the like during the SP campaign and the slickness of its level design.  I actually prefer KZ2 MP due to the bots and larger match size, plus I've become oddly attached to the 'heavy' feel of its movement.

I'm just going to say, yes, there are numbers that say X is better than Y, but preference still comes into play. For instance, I REALLY like cel-shading, and so to me, I prefer the look of Borderlands to KZ2. Sure, KZ2 is 'better graphically' but to me, Borderlands looks better, since I 'like the graphics more'. Saying which one is better in terms of numbers is different than saying which one is better in terms of style/feel/experience.

Hence, "Some people like more KZ2 graphics, some people like more MW2 graphics and some people like more Super Mario graphics. It's a matter of taste."

Around the Network

"Now that we have a better looking (multiplat) game on the 360 that looks better than KZ2"

Lawlzers, I love the internet and the people who try to make it entertaining. I get all COD games on the 360, will do the same here.

Besides, I hope the modern gamer cares about more than just numbers?

Sardauk said:

Enjoy : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-modern-warfare-2-face-off

"

At the end of the day, in terms of the buying decision, the sheer importance of the game's multiplayer component is such that it's your choice of friends list that is going to determine which version of Modern Warfare 2 you buy. While the PS3 version has had some early glitches, bugs and party issues, it's also readily apparent that Infinity Ward is continually working to make sure the game works as it should.

However, for those that haven't made up their minds, it's fairly easy to say that while both renditions of the game are well worthy of the Eurogamer 9/10 score, the Xbox 360's marginally superior visuals and significantly smoother performance gives it an undoubted edge over the PlayStation 3 game, and this translates directly into a tangibly better gameplay experience."

Now that we have a better looking (multiplat) game on the 360 that looks better than KZ2 and runs better on the 360... I hope Sony PR will cut the bulls about the so-called technical superiority of the PS3 over the 360. When a PS3 games looks better, it is thanks to the genius of the developers... not the plateform...

hahaha rofl lol your good at homour

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Ummm... it doesn't look better than KZ2...

4 ≈ One

Gray shooter game 1 (COD) does not look better than dark gray shooter 2 (KZ2)